Limehurst Academy, based in the heart of Loughborough, are looking for an apprentice to offer high quality support to enable students with additional needs to make outstanding progress in their learning and to play a full and active part in the life of the school. This is an exciting opportunity to gain classroom experience as a Teaching Assistant.
Closing date: today
The above salary is full time, this role is TERM TIME ONLY with an actual salary of £6,692.40 plus holiday pay.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 32.5
Possible start date
11 Dec 2023
07 Nov 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
- To work collaboratively with colleagues as part of a professional team, in particular the class teacher, the SENDCO and other Teaching Assistants, working at all times within the school’s policies and procedures
- To support those students who have additional needs in the classroom
- To promote and support the inclusion of all students in the learning activities in which they are involved
- To promote the development of students’ self-esteem, emotional resilience and independence
- To establish good relationships with students, acting as a role model and being aware of and responding appropriately to individual needs
- To provide support in line with students’ access arrangement for formal examinations
- If required, to provide support to students during the unstructured times of the school day
- To assist with the maintenance of student record keeping systems, including recording agreed updates to individual learning and support plans
- To attend staff meetings, participate in performance management arrangements and undertake training and development activities
You will be employed to work with children full time in a school as a member of staff, not a student. Any offer of Apprenticeship will be subject to a full DBS and Satisfactory References.
The training you will be getting
- Teaching Assistant Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills Level 2 in English and maths (if required)
- Every other week (Friday PM)
- Online portfolio to update with learning and development completed onsite
- Diarised visits from dedicated Trainer / Assessor
- Attendance to Loughborough College for Functional Skills (if required)
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- Potential to be employed at the school or elsewhere as a Teaching Assistant
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C or above) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.