Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship Shireland Biomedical UTC- Shireland Collegiate Academy Trust
A fantastic opportunity has become available to join this school as a Learning Support Worker, supporting students in their learning, whilst safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and follow school and Trust policies including the staff code of conduct. You will also complete a level 3 teaching assistant apprenticeship.
Closing date: 10 Dec 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.0
Possible start date
20 Dec 2023
27 Oct 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To teach small groups of students supporting their SEN requirements.
- To tutor individual students.
- Support students’ learning across the curriculum, tailoring support to match the students’ needs.
- To promote inclusion and contribute to the successful induction of new students to the Academy.
- Support students to become independent, co-operative, and collaborative learners.
- Support students’ access to learning through the effective use of ICT.
- To track progress of new students through their induction plans to ensure successful integration into the Academy.
- Contribute to assessing the students’ progress and support them in reviewing their own learning.
- To contribute to the personal and social education of all students, including the development of students’ self-esteem.
- To contribute towards assessment records and be accountable for the work undertaken with students.
- Identify and remove barriers to students learning.
- To continually develop expertise in the teaching of literacy.
- Adapt and customise curriculum materials.
- To keep records of and mark work completed during teaching sessions led by the post holder.
- To hold parental meetings and update on progress toward individual learning plans.
- Support teacher planning.
- Contribute to the management of student’s behaviour and encourage the students to conform to the Academy’s expectations of behaviour.
- Support students with to access extended school activities.
- Promote students’ well-being and resilience.
- Support the transition and transfer of students.
- Support teachers in the administration of examinations, tests and controlled assessments.
- Escort and supervise students on educational visits and out of school activities.
- To provide personal care to students where required.
- To supervise changing areas as required.
- To ensure and maintain confidentiality.
- To act as a positive role model for students.
- To attend staff meetings as requested.
- To complete written records of student progress.
- To support and maintain collaborative, productive working relationships with Academy staff and professionals from outside agencies.
- To undertake duties to ensure the wellbeing and safety of all students.
The training you will be getting
Teaching assistant level 3 standard apprenticeship
Monthly 1-1 training session in the workplace
Weekly off the job training as instructed by the employer
Functional skills if required
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
The opportunity to gain full time permanent employment and to progress to other roles.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C or 4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.