We are looking for 2 apprentice chefs to join the team, we will invest in your training and support you with your development, in return we would like you to use those skills to help us increase the food offer at the hotel. This will be a great opportunity for quick career progression. Preparing breakfasts for our guests, catering for events and meetings, plus more.
Closing date: 17 Dec 2023
Pay will be reviewed regularly as you progress with your training and take on more responsibility. Share of the tips.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
18 Dec 2023
26 Oct 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What you will do in your working day
You will work in our kitchen, either helping to cook breakfast or in time help produce food for our restaurant, or help at a weekend with a function buffet or wedding breakfast.
During your apprenticeship we will help you develop the skills and knowledge to work in all areas of the kitchen, this will include:
- Preparing breakfasts for our guests
- Catering for events and meetings
- Working in all sections of the kitchen, developing new skills
- Helping the chefs to develop and launch new menus and offers
- Working as part of the team to keep the kitchen clean and tidy
- Completing records to maintain the food safety
- Helping to order stock and store it safely
The training you will be getting
- Level 2 Production Chef apprenticeship standard, completed in the workplace supported by a member of the college team
- Level 1 functional skills in English and maths if required
- End point assessment
- Basic food safety and allergen training
- Basic health and safety training
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
To continue to work full-time in our kitchen.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4 (C) or above) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
SOLIHULL COLLEGE AND UNIVERSITY CENTRE
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
01789 266 245
Level 2 (GCSE)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.