Patient Administrator Apprentice RIVERSIDE MEDICAL PRACTICE THE PRACTICE MANAGER
Riverside Medical Practice is offering a business administration apprenticeship. The apprentice with receive, assist and direct patients in accessing the appropriate service or healthcare professional in a courteous, efficient and effective way, providing a range of administration duties.
Closing date: 08 Jan 2024
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
15 Jan 2024
25 Oct 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
Duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure an effective and efficient reception service is provided to patients and any other visitors to the Practice
- Ensure that all new patients are registered within the clinical system promptly and accurately
- Explain Practice arrangements and formal requirements to new patients and those seeking temporary cover and ensure procedures are completed
- Receive and make telephone calls as required using practice specific standards. Transfer calls and take messages, ensuring accuracy of detail and prompt appropriate delivery whilst maintaining call record sheets accurately and appropriately at all times
- Deal with and process all general enquiries, explain procedures and make new and follow-up appointments
- Accurately process patient’s change of address – computer and paper medical records
- Ensure patients with no prior appointment but who need urgent consultation are seen and triaged in line with organisational policy and expectations
- Enter requests for home visits onto the home visit screen, ensuring careful recording of all relevant details and where necessary refer to appropriate clinician of urgent visits or changes to schedules
- Action repeat prescription requests in accordance with Practice protocol and ensure all requests processed within practice specific time scales
- Advise patients of relevant charges for private (non-General Medical Services) services, accept payment and issue receipts for same
- To deal with all tasks received, whether patient related or not, in a timely and accurate manner
- Ensure that all new patient records are received and sorted accurately ready for summarising
Patient notes and correspondence:
- Retrieve and re-file records as required, ensuring strict alphabetical order is adhered to
- Ensure correspondence, reports, results etc. are filed promptly and in the correct records, ensuring that all recent correspondence is available when patients are seen
- Ensure records are kept in good repair with all necessary information on the outside cover clearly visible
- Deal with clinical samples received in reception according to established protocols
- Deal with Sharps and Clinical Waste according to established protocols
- Participate in the rota to keep the reception area, waiting room, common room and kitchen tidy; including loading and unloading of dishwasher/washing up as necessary
- Ensure notice-boards and leaflet dispensers are tidy and free from clutter and obstruction
The training you will be getting
Business Administrator Level 3
Apprentices will gain experience in managing priorities and own time, problem-solving skills, decision-making and the potential for people management responsibilities through mentoring or coaching others.
Skills, Knowledge and Behaviours – Learners and employers will have a range of options to select from that cover each knowledge module of the apprenticeship standard.
Functional Skills - These provide practical skills to help gain the most out of work, education and everyday life. Learners will complete written and online tests.
End point assessment - The End Point Assessment is the final stage of the apprenticeship. It comprises written and practical tests as well as a professional dialogue and interview.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
There will be a full time position available at the end of the apprenticeship for the right person.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
SBC TRAINING LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.