Adult Care Worker Apprentice House of Light Trust/ Cornerstone House
Care Assistants at Cornerstone House are employed to provide clients with the support including the following; finances, clothing, shopping, cleaning, social activities, hygiene, hobbies, outings, emotional support and much more. This is an excellent opportunity for a smart, ambitious and motivated individual to join a friendly environment. .
Closing date: 01 Dec 2023
£10,296.00 to £20,319.00
The wage will be discussed at a later stage.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
11 Dec 2023
25 Oct 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What you will do in your working day
Care Assistants at Cornerstone House are employed to provide clients with the support including the following: Finances, clothing, shopping, cleaning, social activities, hygiene, hobbies, outings, emotional support and much more.
The successful candidates will be taught all the above including how to complete relevant paperwork, work towards care plans, learn and follow current legislation and procedures.
You learn how to:
- Provide care and support when clients require it
- Accompany clients on social outings
- Follow personalised care plans
- Check communication books and diaries
- Understand relevant paperwork required
- Report incidents and worries taught to you through Safeguarding training
- Work well within the team
- Understand and maintain Health and Safety
- Respect confidentiality
You will support individuals with care and support needs to achieve their personal goals and live as independently and safely as possible, enabling them to have control and choice in their lives, which is at the heart of person-centred care.
This qualification also supports healthcare Support Workers to provide high-quality and compassionate care to individuals requiring care and support, work as part of a team. You will learn the skills to carry out clinical duties such as monitoring an individual’s conditions (by checking things like blood pressure, temperature or weight), and checking on their overall progress, comfort and wellbeing.
The roles may also include helping patients/service users to eat, drink, wash, dress or go to the toilet. You will be working with adults with learning disabilities.
The training you will be getting
- The training for this position will give you a strong understanding of how care homes operate, allowing you to study at Rotherham College (online classes) with their professional teaching staff and having a course that suits your needs
- You will achieve a level 2 Diploma in Adult Care
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- You will gain a recognised qualifications that will help you to secure a long-term career with an employer that is eager to see you succeed and progress
- It is more than likely, for the right candidates, there will be a full-time position with the home once you become qualified
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
House of Light Trust/ Cornerstone House
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Adult care worker
Level 2 (GCSE)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.