Medical Receptionist Apprentice Administrator CORBRIDGE MEDICAL GROUP
To act as a focal point of communication between patients and all members of the Primary Health Care Team (PHCT). You will also check patients in for surgeries or clinics and direct to the appropriate doctor or nurse, as well as other duties.
Closing date: 08 Jan 2024
£6 for a 16–18-year-old. If you are 19 years or older your pay will be £7 per hour for the first 12 months, then it will increase to National Minimum Wage [NMW] for your age.
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
15 Jan 2024
20 Oct 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
- Check patients in for surgeries or clinics and direct to the appropriate doctor or nurse
- Ensure complete familiarity with appointments system in operation to enable the most effective booking of appointments
- Record requests for home visits onto the daily visits list including all relevant information, and where necessary refer to the duty doctor.
- Advise patients of the system for arranging non-urgent ambulance transport.
- Give pathology/x-ray results to patients according to agreed procedures
- Explain practice arrangements to new patients and temporary residents and ensure necessary procedures are completed
- Respond to all queries and requests for assistance from patients, visitors and other members of the PHCT
- Pass messages, whether orally or in writing, accurately and promptly
- Advise patients of relevant charges for private services, accept payment and issue receipts
- Ensure reception and waiting areas are kept clean and tidy
- Receive requests for repeat prescriptions and check that items requested have been authorised
- Issue the prescription form for the doctor’s signature or send for authorisation via EPS for electronic prescriptions
- Refer any queries to the appropriate doctor for action
- Provide the point of contact for patients with enquiries relating to their repeat prescriptions and ensure follow-up action is taken if the enquiry cannot be resolved immediately
- Ensure that appropriate charges are made and signature obtained when issuing dispensed prescriptions and the prescription form is annotated accordingly
The training you will be getting
Business Administrator - Level 3 standard.
Blended on/off the job training and location to be confirmed.
Level 3 units included in the programme include:
- The Organisation
- Business Fundamentals
- Decision Making
- Project Management
- Managing Performance
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- A permanent position within the organisation
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4 or above) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Science (Grade C/4 or above) Desired
About the employer
CORBRIDGE MEDICAL GROUP
WOODSPEEN TRAINING LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.