SMK Solicitors is a leading immigration and family law firm seeking an enthusiastic and driven individual to join our team as an Apprentice. This will be a great opportunity to understand and learn the legal profession with a view of advancing your career prospects in the industry.
Closing date: 31 Dec 2023
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
02 Jan 2024
20 Oct 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
Some of your responsibilites will include:
- Assisting solicitors and paralegals in conducting research related to immigration and family law cases.
- Communicating with clients, providing updates, and assisting with case management.
- Attending client meetings, hearings, and court proceedings to observe and learn from experienced professionals.
- Maintaining accurate and organised case files and databases.
- Assisting with administrative tasks such as scheduling appointments, managing correspondence, and filing.
Some of the more direct tasks and responsibiliies are:
- Answer and direct phone calls
- Organise and schedule meetings and appointments
- Maintain client lists, telephone log and visitor logs
- Produce and distribute correspondence memos, letters, faxes and forms
- Maintain a filing system
- Order office supplies
- Book travel arrangements
- Submit and reconcile expense reports
- Provide general support to clients
- Take dictation
- Prepare and monitor invoices
- Maintain supplies, anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies
- Maintain professional environment
- Carry out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, bundling, scanning etc.
- Organise diary for senior staff
- Write letters and emails on behalf of senior staff
- Cover the reception desk when required
- Maintain computer and manual filing systems
- Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Coordinate office procedures
- Reply to email, telephone or face to face enquiries
- Receive, sort and distribute the mail
- Coordinate repairs to office equipment
- Greet and assist clients
- Photocopy and print out documents on behalf of other colleagues
The training you will be getting
- Level 3 Business Adminstrator apprenticeship
- Training will take place in the workplace with a minimum of 6 hours per week
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- Permanent position on completion of apprenticeship.
- Opportunity to progress into legal role (e.g. paralegal)
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Grade 4/C) Essential
About the employer
AXIA SOLUTIONS LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.