Apprentice Business Administrator Level 3 HEIGHT LIFT & SHIFT LIMITED
Great opportunity with an expanding company. You will provide administration support to the business, ensuring company procedures, processes and records are accurately followed and maintained, to ensure compliance with legal and best practice requirements.
Closing date: 29 Nov 2023
£10,982.40 to £21,673.60
The starting rate will depend upon experience. The salary is negotiable
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
30 Nov 2023
16 Oct 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
This role would suit a candidate that enjoys being organised, up to date and having things in order, with a desire to understand more about the how the administration of a business works for future development.
Excellent customer service and continual improvement drive the success of our business and as part of our recent ISO audits we are proud to have received best practice commendations for Leadership, Staff Development, Training & Competencies, Communication and Supplier Management.
Therefore, to be part of this journey, candidates should be diligent and organised, motivated by ability to learn, inquisitive and reliable. Must also be in possession of excellent communication and interpersonal skills; both verbal and written, as well as being proficient time-managers and genuine team players.
You will liaise with: Sales, Operations, Accounts/Finance, Technical/Engineering, Trainers, Suppliers, Customers & Marketing.
The main tasks of job:
- Purchase invoice processing
- Sales invoice processing
- Repair quote processing
- Repair order processing
- Planned maintenance visits processing
- Maintenance of customer records
- Maintenance of supplier records
- Timely and accurate maintenance of company record
- Provide general assistance to other members of the team where necessary
The Apprenticeship Training Programme forms part of your contract of employment; you are provided with time to study at work and attend workshop sessions via Teams through Kirklees College - the study day is on a Thursday.
The apprenticeship programme will help your personal and professional development, the requirements to complete the programme are as follows:
- Attend and be punctual for all induction sessions and be punctual for all lessons
- Complete all required assignments
- Build up your portfolio of evidence
- Access support from your tutor/assessor and manager as and when required
The training you will be getting
- Business Administration Level 3 Apprenticeship
- The responsibilities of the role are to support and engage with different parts of the organisation and interact with internal or external customers. With a focus on adding value, the role of business administrator contributes to the efficiency of an organisation, through support of functional areas, working across teams and resolving issues as requested. The flexibility and responsiveness required allows the apprentice to develop a wide range of skills
- The business administrator is expected to deliver their responsibilities efficiently and with integrity - showing a positive attitude. The role involves demonstrating strong communication skills (both written and verbal) and adopting a proactive approach to developing skills
- The business administrator is also expected to show initiative, managing priorities and your own time, problem-solving skills, decision-making and the potential for people management responsibilities through mentoring or coaching others
- You will cover the necessary Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours, gather evidence and attend workshop / taught classes throughout the duration then complete an End Point Assessment
The End Point Assessment involves:
- Portfolio Development
- Multi-Choice Test
- Professional Observation Professional Discussion/Interview
You will be given paid time off for study to achieve your apprenticeship.
The apprenticeship programme to be undertaken will be dependent upon the successful candidates' qualifications and experience. You may be required to complete the Level 2 apprenticeship before progressing on to the Level 3.
Should you be offered the Level 2 Customer Service apprenticeship, on successful completion, you may be offered the opportunity to later progress onto the level 3 qualification. Each course will cover a range of Skills, Knowledge and Behaviours as outlined by the apprenticeship standard, these will be transferable and suitable to an administration role in any sector.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- There is a strong possibility that you will gain a full time position and there are also progression opportunities for other training and or further apprenticeship training courses, subject to successful competion of the apprenticeship and satisfactory employment
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
A Level or equivalent Business or relevant subject (Grade Grade C/4 or above) Desired
BTEC or equivalent Business Level 2 or 3 (Grade Pass Merit or Distinction) Desired
Other Excellent ICT experience (Grade Word, Excel and Outlook) Essential
Other Work experience in an office or customer fucussed (Grade 1 year) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.