Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship Compton C of E Primary School
Compton C of E are looking for two Teaching Assistant Apprenticeships to support the delivery in class and around the school. We are looking to strengthen our experienced team and require two dedicated and flexible Apprentice Teaching Assistants. The Apprentices must have a passion for teaching and learning and supports pupils in their learning.
Closing date: today
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
10 Dec 2023
20 Oct 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
Compton C of E Primary are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic apprentice with a passion for working with children and a commitment to raising aspirations.
The post requires a well motivated apprentice who is enthusiastic, patient and calm. The successful candidate will need to be able to work closely with the class teacher and as part of a wider team.
The successful candidate will:
- Work consistently well independently or as part of a team
- Supervise and support pupils ensuring their safety and access to learning
- Establish good relationships with pupils, acting as a role model and being aware of and responding appropriately to individual needs
- Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils
- Develop positive behaviour management strategies
- Be creative and play an active role in building a safe and happy learning environment with the child’s well-being and progress at heart
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
An Enhanced DBS disclosure is required for this post.
The school are keen to accommodate the best candidates who will make a positive impact on our school and standards. Applicants with experience are encouraged to apply.
The training you will be getting
Over the 15-month Level 3 Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship Standard, you will work towards the following:
- Level 3 Teaching Assistant qualification
- Behaviours, Skills, and Knowledge
- Level 1/2 functional skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
You will have regular visits at the workplace from a designated College assessor to observe your progress and competence in the role you are carrying out.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- Support given from Plymouth Arglye Community Trust to secure a full-time role after the Apprenticeship
- Possible full time role at the school if avalible
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Math (Grade 4-9(A*-C)) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
PLYMOUTH ARGYLE FOOTBALL IN THE COMMUNITY TRUST
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.