Are you wanting to jump start your career? S&B Automotive Academy are recruiting! As a Bus and Coach technician you will inspect, diagnose, repair and test equipment and systems. If you are a 'can-do', enthusiastic, and motivated individual who works well as a team player, this will be a great opportunity for you!
Closing date: 28 Feb 2024
Total hours per week: 39.0
Possible start date
01 Mar 2024
09 Oct 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
The successful applicant will be working on a range of busses and coaches while learning their trade to a nationally recognised standard. This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and hardworking person to work in the automotive industry.
Task to be carried out:
- Understand the fundamentals of existing and emerging mechanical vehicle design and systems
- Carry out routine mechanical servicing, planned preventative maintenance and “health checks”
- Carry out routine servicing
- Inspect, diagnose and repair braking systems
- Use diagnostic equipment and software to diagnose and rectify located faults on mechanical components
The training you will be getting
Training is delivered in the workplace and via seven weekly college training blocks per year at S&B's specialist Automotive Academy in Bristol.
The apprentice will be assigned a workplace mentor and a college mentor who will offer support, advice, and guidance by monitoring progress via a purposely bespoke and developed electronic logbook that all parties can access any time.
Apprentices take a Gateway Assessment at the end of every year to progress until the completion of the End Point Assessment.
The apprentice will be required to travel to S&B's Academy and stay in hotel accommodation. All costs for any public transport (if required) and accommodation including breakfast and a two-course evening meal are met by the employer and there will be no cost to you.
As a result, you will receive the following qualification:
- Level 3 Bus and Coach Engineering Technician Apprenticeship Standard
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths & English (if required)
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- As a company we are committed to providing development and training opportunities to our employees. An apprenticeship is the grounding for your future development and there are lots of opportunities to develop your career
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
S & B AUTOMOTIVE ACADEMY LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Bus and coach engineering technician
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.