Teversham Primary School - Early Years Educator Apprenticeship INSPIRE ATA LIMITED
Teversham Primary School are looking for an Early Years Educator Apprentice to support the aims and objectives of Teversham Pre-School and Early Years and assist the Early Years Lead and Deputy managers in providing a high quality establishment for early years children.
Closing date: 05 Jan 2024
Pay increase after 12 months
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
15 Jan 2024
06 Oct 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
- To promote the aims and objectives of Teversham Pre-School and to exemplify and promote the high standards of the Pre-School to parents, staff and visitors at all times.
- To ensure the provision of high standards of physical and emotional care.
- To ensure that the welfare and safety of children is paramount within the setting and that any child protection concerns are always immediately and appropriately acted upon, following Teversham Primary School’s Safeguarding Policy and LSCB guidelines.
- To act as a key person to a small group of children, liaising closely with and building effective realtionships with parents/ carers and ensuring each child’s needs are recognized and met.
- To assist with the planning and of the curriculum using the EYFS Statutory framework to teach and support children to make progress in all areas of the curriculum.
- To help set up and tidy away at the end of the session.
- To attend relevant training/conferences/meetings to support professional development, keeping up-to-date with childcare/education practice.
- To assist with the preparation and maintenance of materials and equipment and to ensure high standards of hygiene and cleanliness are maintained at all times.
- To ensure the provision of a high quality environment to meet the needs of individual children, having an awareness of any disabilities, family cultures, and medical histories.
- To identify and help meet the needs of children with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND) alongside the EY SENCo. To guide all team members with the early identification and intervention for children who may benefit from additional support regarding their physical, emotional and social development.
- To ensure confidentiality of all information received.
- To maintain adequate records and up to date documentation as requested by the Pre-School manager.
- To liaise and facilitate close partnership working with parents, other family members and staff to help ensure that the particular needs of children are met and that parental choice is considered in terms of care given.
- To liaise with outside agencies as required.
- To actively participate in staff meetings, planning meetings, parents’ evenings, fundraising events and training sessions outside normal working hours, as required.
- Eligible for an NUS card for discounts in shops and restaurants
- Eligible for an apprenticeship oyster card, 30% off travel
- Discount on Nandos, ASOS, Vue cinema and much more
- Earn while you learn
- No debt
- Automatic rise in pay after 12 months
- Prizes and vouchers to be won (apprentice of the month)
- Secure a job with little or no experience
- Remote learning
- Paid twice a month
The training you will be getting
Level 3 Early Years Educator Apprenticeship standard qualification
Apprentices must successfully complete a first aid qualification in line with the requirements of the EYFS Framework (Annex A): Early years foundation stage (EYFS) statutory framework - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk).
Early years educator / Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education
Functional Skills English and Maths if required
Blended on/off the job training and location to be confirmed
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Possible full-time employment for the right candidate
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*-C/9-4 or Level 2 equivalent) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
LET ME PLAY LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.