We are looking to hire an apprentice at our setting who is passionate about early years/childcare. This role would suit somebody who is dedicated to gaining a qualification in childcare, somebody who is willing to learn on the job whilst training, to work as part of our team and provide quality childcare for children aged 0-5years.
Closing date: 20 Feb 2024
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.0
Possible start date
01 Mar 2024
06 Oct 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
Duties will include:
- Teaching and learning the children
- Support at meal times
- Nappy changing/ toileting
- General house keeping duties
We follow the early year foundation stage curriculum and the birth to 5 years document therefore it is useful to become familiar with those documents as the apprenticeship moves along.
An apprentice is a valued member of our team and therefore we expect the role to be taken seriously. Good communication with staff, children and the rest of the team is important.
The training you will be getting
- You will be expected to work towards the Level 3 Early Years Practitioner Apprenticeship Standard, with support from your employer and the Chesterfield College Group
- As part of your apprenticeship, and dependent on your prior attainment, you may be required to complete maths and English Functional Skills
- Upon successful completion you will be awarded additional certificates of recognition for these qualifications
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- Permanent Job for the right candidate
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C - 9/A) Essential
About the employer
Little Acorns Day Nursery
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.