Medical Receptionist/Administrator Apprentice Masham Doctors Surgery
VQ Solutions are looking for an organised individual to join a busy medical centre based in Masham. The role involves ensuring an effective and efficient reception service is provided. Deal with general enquiries, explain procedures and make new and follow-up appointments.
Closing date: 10 Dec 2023
£10,296.00 to £20,319.00
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
11 Dec 2023
05 Oct 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
The successful candidate will receive, assist, and direct patients in accessing the appropriate service or healthcare professional in a courteous, efficient, and effective way.
- Ensure an effective and efficient reception service is provided
- Deal with general enquiries, explain procedures and make new and follow-up appointments
- Receive repeated prescription requests
- Updating the practice appointments system
- Update and ensure the correct patient information and notes are uploaded onto the internal systems
The training you will be getting
- You will work towards an Advanced level Business Administrator Level 3 Apprenticeship delivered by VQ Solutions
- Functional Skills in maths and English, if required
- You'll have a dedicated VQ Mentor and will also be supported internally by your manager
During this apprenticeship, you will develop a portfolio, attend online workshop sessions and have regular reviews. All apprenticeship work will be completed during working hours.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- The majority of our apprentices are offered full-time employment upon the successful completion of their apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Masham Doctors Surgery
VQ SOLUTIONS LTD
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.