Ref: CC03 Childcare apprenticeship at PK Kids PK KIDS DAY NURSERY (ECCLESTON) LIMITED
To assist and work alongside the team in setting up for the day-to-day activities, to attend staff meetings and any training needed and to care and safeguard the children, providing secure play for our 0–5-year-olds. Level 3 applicants will be considered if they hold a level 2 childcare qualification.
Closing date: 02 Jan 2024
This role will be paid at the national minimum wage for apprentices which is increasing to £5.28 an hour as of 01/04/2023.
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
05 Jan 2024
05 Oct 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What you will do in your working day
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Provide a high standard of physical, emotional, social, and intellectual care for children placed in the setting
- Give support to the staff within the setting
- Work as part of a team in order to provide an enabling environment in which all individual children can play, develop and learn
- Build and maintain strong partnerships, working with parents to enable children’s needs to be met
- Ensure good standards of safety, hygiene, and cleanliness are maintained at all times
The training you will be getting
Level 2 Early Years Practitioner Apprenticeship qualification.
This apprenticeship is completed within the workplace.
You will be assessed through written work, verbal discussion and observation throughout your training.
You will be given time by your employer to complete portfolio work, attend training, workplace shadowing and any other opportunities to develop your skills and knowledge.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Progression within the company to higher apprenticeship or full-time employment pending capacity.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 9-3 (A*-D)) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 9-3 (A*-D)) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
PK KIDS DAY NURSERY (ECCLESTON) LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.