Apprentice Inbound Customer Service Advisor - Main Highstreet Banking Group FIRSTSOURCE SOLUTIONS UK LIMITED
Are you local to Middlesbrough and looking for a great career? Well look no further than Firstsource! We are here to help you take your next steps. Our apprenticeship programme will provide you with all the support you need to begin your career with us. Duties will include; Taking inbound calls from our customers Resolving problems and queries taken from inbound calls Forwarding calls to relevant departments as necessary
Closing date: 31 Jan 2024
£8 per hour (0 – 6 Months) £8.50 per hour (6-12 Months) £9 per hour (12 Months – Completion of Apprenticeship) £11.01 per hour (Post Completion of Apprenticeship)
Total hours per week: 38.0
Possible start date
01 Feb 2024
16 Oct 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What you will do in your working day
Alongside your role you will be working towards your Customer Service Practitioner Apprenticeship qualifications. You will gain new skills and knowledge whilst being supported along the way by our Apprenticeship partner Haddon Training. You will have regular 1:1’s and training sessions with your dedicated Trainer Coach who will help you develop your skills.
There is a huge list of benefits of working for Firstsource, here’s some of our favourites;
- Health Shield Cashback Plan
- 29 days off every year inclusive of Bank Holiday
- Fortnightly Pay
- Employee Discounts with well-known retailers
- City Centre Location
- A kitchenette equipped with fridges, microwaves & coffee makers
- Amazing progression opportunities
- Job security, guaranteed hours
- Casual dress code
- Regular on-site engagement activities and theme days
Who are we looking for?
Amazing customer service is at the heart of everything we do! This means we are looking for apprentices who:
- Want to be customer focused,
- Have great listening skills
- Are pro-active about taking ownership of your customers queries.
Our plan is to train you to be our future agents, so we will train you to:
- Deal with sometimes difficult customers
- Handle tricky customer conversations
- Stay professional when things get tough
- go above and beyond for your customers.
What can you expect in this role?
You’ll start your time with us by going through our 7-week award winning training programme, that will link directly to the first few modules of your apprenticeship.
Your first 3 Weeks will be spent in the classroom learning about all our state of the art banking systems and getting to grips with the different services available to our customers. The next 4 weeks will be spent doing on the job training. This means that our team of experienced Firstsource employees will be there on hand whenever you get stuck or want to double check something you have learned, so that you can perform to your fullest potential!
After this initial training, that’s when the fun really starts. You will be moved on to your shift pattern for the duration of the apprenticeship. You will have plenty of opportunities to earn extra incentives with regular daily, weekly and monthly incentives that can be based on your performance or even something completely non-work related like who has the best Christmas jumper or best dressed on pyjamas day!
Your daily duties will include:
- Taking inbound calls from our customers
- Resolving problems and queries taken from inbound calls
- Forwarding calls to relevant departments as necessary
- Supporting the wider team
As a part of your apprenticeship, you will have monthly classroom training session with your Apprenticeship Trainer Coach. In addition to this you will also have individual meetings to review and help you with your progress. If you need any additional support this will be planned directly with you.
The training you will be getting
- All training will be provided on site at the workplace.
- Your dedicated Haddon Training Trainer Coach will visit remotely 4 weeks.
- On successful completion of the apprenticeship, you will receive a Level 2 Customer Service qualification
- Functional Skills in English and maths if required.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
You’ve probably heard in other job adverts say that career progression is an option, well at Firstsource it is pretty much inevitable, majority of our agents will start with doing general customer service, but progress into other roles. This can be anywhere from more advanced areas such as Fraud or a complaints handler, to recruitment and HR. Also, there are great opportunities to move into leadership roles. We are passionate about investing in our own employees, so if you put in the work, the sky is truly the limit!
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
HADDON TRAINING LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.