Teaching Assistant Apprentice - Caldmore Primary Academy Caldmore Primary Academy
You will be responsible for supporting class teachers within Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS). The successful candidate will bring our innovative curriculum to life, as you maintain good order and discipline, engage pupils with SEN and stimulate children of all abilities to reach their full potential.
Closing date: 05 Jan 2024
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 32.5
Possible start date
06 Jan 2024
27 Sep 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
- Attend to the pupils’ personal needs, and implement related personal programmes including; social, health, hygiene, first aid and welfare matters
- Supervise and support pupils whilst ensuring their safety and access to learning
- Establish good relationships with pupils, acting as a role model by being aware of and responding appropriately to individual needs
- Promote inclusion and acceptance of all pupils
- Encourage pupils to act independently as appropriate
- Prepare classroom as directed for lessons and clear afterwards
- Assist with display work of pupils
- Be aware of pupil problems/progress/achievements and report to the teacher and Inclusion Manager as agreed
- Undertake pupil record keeping as requested
- Gather/report information from and to parents or carers as directed
- Provide clerical/admin support e.g photocopying, typing, filing, collecting of money etc.
- Support pupils to understand instruction
- Support pupils in respect of local and national learning strategies and interventions for e.g., EAL, SEN, Speech and Language, literacy, Phonics, numeracy, as directed by the teacher or Inclusion Manager
- Prepare and maintain equipment/resources as directed by the teacher and assist pupils in their use
- Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures related to child protection, health, safety, security, confidentiality and data protection - reporting all concerns to an appropriate person
- Be aware of and support difference and ensure all pupils have equal access to opportunities to learn and develop
- Contribute to the overall ethos, work/aims of the school
- Appreciate and support the role of other professionals
- Attend relevant meetings as required, within normal contractual hours
- Participate in training and other learning activities and performance development as required
- Assist with the supervision of pupils out of lesson times
- Promote equality as an integral part of the role and to treat everyone with fairness and dignity
- Recognise health and safety id a responsibility of every employee by taking reasonability for the care of self and others by complying with the academy’s H&S policy and any academy specific procedures/rules that apply to this role
- Other ad hoc duties as required
The training you will be getting
- You will work towards your Level 3 Teaching Assistant qualification across a total duration of 16 months!
- Training provider: LMP Group (Rated 3rd best apprenticeship training provider across the UK)!
- All online/remote learning, no classroom or college day release
- An allocated tutor will support you throughout the apprenticeship!
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
For the right person we will look to take on after they have completed their apprenticeship. We offer great career routes for the right person.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C or above or equivalent) Essential
About the employer
LET ME PLAY LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.