Apprentice Healthcare Support Worker Healthcare 1st Choice Ltd.
Healthcare 1st Choice Limited are offering fully supported apprenticeship opportunities for over 18s to become a healthcare assistant working in a supported accommodation facility. We are providing the first stage platform for you to work towards becoming a qualified healthcare assistant
Closing date: today
• £6.50-£8.00 per hour which is above the apprentice minimum wage (£5.28) depending upon experience
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
30 Nov 2023
27 Sep 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What you will do in your working day
Some of the key duties/learning outcomes for the apprentice would be:
- To provide key working support to young people, facilitating individualised and person-centred support plans.
- To support the young people to access the local amenities such as shops and local leisure and social facilities.
- To provide a caring, supportive and nurturing homely environment in which the young people can feel secure.
- To provide emotional support to the young people at times of difficulty or stress .
- Observe and implement Child Safeguarding Procedures and adhere to safer caring guidelines.
- To empower young people and facilitate their active involvement in the decision making about their lives and future.
- To act as an advocate at meetings where the young person is the subject of the discussion.
- To create opportunities for daily living assistances such as cooking, cleaning and domestic duties.
- To support with budgeting skills and / or signpost to services who offer financial assistance and advice.
- To encourage young people to develop links with the community, attend off site activities and expand their social networks.
- To support with the access to further education, apprenticeship and employment.
- To support with attending a variety of appointments with service users.
- Attend and support young people when engaging with professionals (social workers, youth offending officers, police, healthcare professionals).
Light duties of housekeeping required
The training you will be getting
You will study towards the Level 2 Healthcare Support Worker appenticeship standard as well as Functional skills in maths and English where required. A blended delivery model of virtual and face to face classes at Wisemore campus, Walsall College.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- For those successful apprentices completing the Healthcare Support worker level 2 programme, depending on performance and availability, you can apply to progress to the Senior Healthcare Support Worker Level 3 pathway or L3 in residential care.
- Successful applicants for these programmes are funded through the organisation and at no cost to the apprentice.
We are looking to build our company profile with a range of qualified staff, so being an apprentice is just the start of your journey - we are looking to build our capacity with senior roles, team leaders and service managers.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
Healthcare 1st Choice Ltd.
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Healthcare support worker
Level 2 (GCSE)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.