Apprentice Information Communications Technician RLS COMPUTER SERVICES LIMITED
We are looking for a hardworking and enthusiastic apprentice to join RLS. You will be supporting clients in both the business and consumer markets. The role includes: hardware/ software troubleshooting and IT equipment installation (computers, laptops, printers, networking, telecoms). You will also help with the rollout of new IT projects.
Closing date: 03 Oct 2023
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
01 Nov 2023
4 days ago
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
An Information Communications Technician provides varied support to customers, including setting people up on systems, configuring and despatching hardware to users, providing support when needed and rectifying issues to maintain the organisation's productivity.
The role includes:
- Answering the telephone.
- Assisting users with common issues relating to hardware, software, web applications and connectivity.
- Serving as the first point of contact for IT support for our clients/ customers and the organisation.
- Installing, configuring and maintaining software and hardware components of computer and network systems.
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting software hardware and other IT-related problems for our clients/ customers.
- Repairing and replacing damaged computer and network components.
- Ensuring the security of client and server computers by installing upgrading antivirus firewall software.
- Supporting people whenever they encounter challenges with computers and network devices.
- Accurately maintaining and updating technical documentation regularly.
- Testing new hardware and software before full scale installation.
- Serving remote/ workshop /on-site jobs when required.
- Becoming competent in all IT security/ data management/ WEEE management.
- Becoming competent in the company's business/ Health & Safety/ data protection policies, procedures and practices.
- Assisting the implementation of development projects as required.
- Maintaining a high degree of customer service for all support queries, taking ownership of user problems and being pro-active when dealing with issues.
- Providing training for users on standard Office applications as well as other software used.
- Performing routine tasks including backup and antivirus checks.
- Producing documentation to explain how to make full use of the IT systems available.
- Updating asset lists, keeping track of IT equipment.
- Visiting business clients to implement installations.
- Implementing a clean installation with testing.
- Performing any other duties as identified by the IT Manager.
You will learn to use a large variety of tools to resolve IT issues including:
- Diagnostic software/ hardware.
- Password resets and restoring lost files.
- Setting up new user accounts.
- Data wiping.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
For the full apprenticeship, candidates will complete:
- Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard in Information Communications Technician.
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English if required
- Level 2 Functional Skills in Maths if required
For the End Point Assessment (EPA) apprentices will undertake a professional discussion underpinned by the portfolio, and a project report with questioning.
Apprentices are expected to attend college one day per week (term-time only) at the Ipswich Road campus, located near Norwich city centre.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
We are actively seeking an individual who is eager to grow and engage in the IT industry, so a position awaits the ideal candidate upon the successful completion of their apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
CITY COLLEGE NORWICH
City College Norwich (Apprenticeships)
Information communications technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.