As an HR Apprentice, you will support the Human Resources (HR) department in various administrative tasks and gain valuable experience in the field of human resources. You will work closely with HR to learn about recruitment, employee relations, training and development, benefits administration, and other essential HR functions.
Closing date: 11 Oct 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 39.5
Possible start date
23 Oct 2023
5 days ago
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Key responsibilities and accountabilities are:
- Assist in posting job vacancies on various job boards and company career websites
- Screen and review resumes and maintain applicant databases
- Schedule and coordinate interviews with candidates and hiring managers
- Help prepare and organise new hire orientation materials
- Assist in completing new hire paperwork and ensuring compliance with documentation
- Coordinate employee equipment distribution
- Maintain accurate employee records and files, both electronically and physically
- Prepare and distribute HR-related communications
- Assist with benefits enrolment processes and provide employees with basic benefits information
- Collaborate with the finance department to ensure accurate and timely processing of employee data
- Participate in employee engagement initiatives and events
- Help address employee inquiries and direct them to appropriate resources
- Maintain a positive and welcoming HR office environment
The duties and responsibilities in this job description are not restrictive and the post holder may be required to undertake other duties from time to time. Any such duties should not however substantially change the general character of the post.
HCF CATCH LTD is dedicated to and recognises our moral and statutory responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of all apprentices, learners, service users and staff. All those involved in training must adhere to the ethos that ‘it could happen here’ to reinforce the protection of individuals and the identification/reporting of concerns.
HCF CATCH LTD recognises the importance of providing an ethos and environment that will help apprentices and learners to be safe and feel safe, secure and respected; encourage them to talk openly; and enable them to feel confident that they will be listened to. We are alert to the signs of abuse and neglect and follow our procedures to ensure that children, young people and adults receive effective support, protection and justice.
HCF CATCH LTD has a zero tolerance approach to abuse and any other harmful behaviour.
The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (2013 and 2020)- provides that when applying for certain jobs and activities, certain convictions and cautions are considered ‘protected’. This means that they do not need to be disclosed to employers, and if they are disclosed, employers cannot take them into account. Guidance about whether a conviction or caution should be disclosed can be found on the Ministry of Justice website. Please note any criminal convictions except those 'spent', or otherwise ‘protected’, under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 HR Support Apprenticeship Standard:
- Understands the structure of the organisation; the products and services it delivers; the external market and sector within which it operates; where their role fits in the organisation; the ‘Values’ by which it operates and how these apply to their role
- Basic understanding of HR in their sector and any unique features. Good understanding of HR legislation and the HR Policy framework of the organisation. Sound understanding of the HR Policies that are relevant to their role. Knows where to find expert advice
- Understands the role and focus of HR within the organisation; its business plan / priorities and how these apply to their role
- Understands the systems, tools and processes used in the role, together with the standards to be met, including the core HR systems used by the organisation
- Delivers excellent customer service on a range of HR queries and requirements, providing solutions, advice and support primarily to managers. Builds managers’ expertise in HR matters, improving their ability to handle repeated situations themselves where appropriate. Uses agreed systems and processes to deliver service to customers. Takes the initiative to meet agreed individual and team KPIs in line with company policy, values, standards. Plans and organises their work, often without direct supervision, to meet commitments and KPIs
- Uses sound questioning and active listening skills to understand requirements and establish root causes before developing HR solutions. Takes ownership through to resolution, escalating complex situations as appropriate
- Deals effectively with customers/colleagues, using sound interpersonal skills and communicating well through a range of media e.g phone, face to face, email, internet. Adapts their style to their audience. Builds trust and sound relationships with customers. Handles conflict and sensitive HR situations professionally and confidentially
- Consistently supports colleagues /collaborates within the team and HR to achieve results. Builds/maintains strong working relationships with others in the team and across HR where necessary
- Identifies opportunities to improve HR performance and service; acts on them within the authority of their role. Supports implementation of HR changes/projects with the business
- Maintains required HR records as part of services delivered. Prepares reports and management information from HR data, with interpretation as required
- Keeps up to date with business changes and HR legal/policy/process changes relevant to their role. Seeks feedback and acts on it to improve their performance and overall capability.
- The Apprentice is assigned a dedicated experienced mentor to guide them through the programme
- Regular scheduled interactions with the apprentice ensure they are developing the Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours required to become competent in the role
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- To be confirmed by employer
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent maths (Grade 4) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
CHRYSOS H.R. SOLUTIONS LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.