Removals, Clearance & Warehouse Customer Service Apprentice BACK2MARKET LTD
Working with our team out on removals and clearances, plus inside our warehouse with both our storage and online Sales. Dealing with a range of customers, listening and working to their requirements, explaining processes and answering queries. There are plenty of opportunities for development, both within the apprenticeship period and beyond!
Closing date: 22 Oct 2023
With the rate of pay starting at £6 per hour, we envisage this being short-term. Assuming that the successful candidate fits well within the team & picks up the basics of the position quickly, we'll review and increase the rate of pay accordingly.
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
30 Oct 2023
6 days ago
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Every day is different at Back2Market. A day may involve just one removal, one clearance, or a combination of a few smaller removals and/or clearances. Alternatively, it could be a day at our depot undertaking work on our eBay and other online sales sites and work within our Storage and Warehouse areas.
- Jobsheets/walkarounds with the customer
- Packing & loading, protecting for transit, unloading
- Communication with customers re ‘key release’
- Undertaking different types of clearances
- Walkaround with customers, or using their list of requirements
- Sorting out contents into what can be for re-use
- Wipe-over/vacuum round of the property after clearance
- Arrangements for property access
- Understanding how the onward use/outlet for items determines how they are handled when on-site at the clearance.
- Unloading vehicles & sorting out materials at the depot
- Loading for transportation to auction, recycling outlets, refuse disposal sites & delivery to thesre
- How GDPR impacts on clearances
- Loading into storage crates/containers, maximising utilisation of space
- Knowledge of items we are unable to store, explaining this to customers & offering possible alternative options
- Re-loading items for onward delivery to customers
- Facilitating customer access to their stored items
- Crate/container management
- Understanding the different levels of cleaning
- Managing customer expectations both in relation to the level of cleaning chosen and areas/rooms/items that are never going to be pristine & may need replacing
- Listing; photographs, descriptions, numbering
- Parcel dispatch
- Customer queries & questions
- Posting feedback on customer’s ebay accounts
- Refunds & returns
- Stock levels
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The apprenticeship training is delivered through a combination of workplace learning and online work via Yeovil College’s Smart Assessor electronic portfolio system, with the Yeovil College work being undertaken on site in Back2Market’s Sturminster Newton Depot. The training will consist of the hours undertaken on the job as new tasks and aspects of work are introduced to you, plus time set aside each week to complete the work set through Yeovil College and Portfolio requirements. This training will teach you the knowledge, skills and behaviours set out in the Customer Service Practitioner Level 2 standard. On completion the apprentice will receive a Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner qualification. Functional Skills in maths and English may also be required depending on current level.
In addition, manual handling training will also be provided by Back2Market, plus the possibility of first aid training and other appropriate training as opportunities become available.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Our aim is that the apprentice will stay as a porter within the Back2Market Team after the apprenticeship finishes. We would hope that when old enough, the successful candidate then drives our vehicles and may also in the future be interested in HGV driver training. There may also be other opportunities such as in the admin side of the company, forklift driving etc.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 9 - 4 / A* - C) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.