An exciting opportunity has arisen, for a technically minded individual to join an IT Support business, based in Newington, Folkestone. If you are practical minded and possess a flair for IT, then we want to hear from you!
Closing date: 02 Oct 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
09 Oct 2023
5 days ago
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
General overview of day-to-day role:
- You will be taught to test, diagnose and repair electronic devices including but not limited to mobile phones, tablets, laptops, Macbooks and games consoles.
- Repairs will be carried out using appropriate tools e.g. multi-meter, battery tester, test software, etc.
- Use of testing equipment to locate defective components of circuitry and making any necessary repairs.
- Repair diagnosed faults whether replacing mechanical parts or removng & re-soldering parts.
- Carry out testing to ensure the repair carried out has fixed the initial fault & that there are no other defects with the device.
- Fault finding - memory upgrades, software updates, copying data etc.
- Replace screens, keyboards, motherboards, casings, chassis etc.
- Repairs to mechanical component replacements such as displays, cameras, batteries, charging ports, buttons etc and resolving software issues.
- Fault finding, hardware replacement, screens, charging ports, buttons etc.
- Accurately record all work completed on each job sheet and make sure the office stock list is up to date.
- Be responsible and take ownership for all devices allocated to you.
- Contribute to a safe working environment and raise health and safety concerns in a timely manner.
- Feedback to Andy any issues or delays with repairs that have been allocated to you in order for the business to be able to resolve these issues and set customer expectations.
- General housekeeping in office to ensure high standards are consistently maintained.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
On the apprentice’s successful completion of the End Point Assessment, the apprentice will receive the following:
Level 3 IT Solutions Technician Apprenticeship Certification
This apprenticeship is recognised for entry into the Register of IT Technicians and those completing their apprenticeships are eligible to apply for registration.
The classroom training for the IT Solutions Technician comprises of 4 modules. The apprentice will attend the training in an online classroom with their designated JBC trainer.
When the classroom training takes place will be agreed upon at the Induction meeting between Employer, Apprentice and JBC Skills Trainer/Mentor. We advise a bi-monthly approach to each module.
Full days will be required on the training weeks, and the apprentice must be in a quiet, suitable environment for learning to take place.
This can either be in the workplace or at home. The class sizes are small (Max 10 learners) so that discussions and assessments can take place between apprentices, peers, and trainers.
The 4 IT Solutions Technician Modules are:
Methodologies and Principles (5 Days).
IT Core (5 Days).
Software or Hardware (5 Days) – Depending on the pathway taken and agreed upon at the start.
Security and Legislation (5 Days).
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Full time role after successful completion of the apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C (4) or above) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
JBC SKILLS TRAINING LIMITED
IT solutions technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.