To assist with the maintenance and day to day running of all plant machinery to best practice standards, to ensuring production is maintained at the highest possible level. There are 2 roles available, one is mechanical and one is electrical, please state your preference on your application.
Closing date: 04 Dec 2023
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
01 Jan 2024
19 Sep 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
- Committed to completion of Apprenticeship Qualifications.
- Immediately respond with mentors to assist in the correction of plant breakdowns
- Provide technical support to supervisors in plant operation
- Recommend and implement cost reduction initiatives within the plant
- Assisting in the operation of the site to ensure plant availability and production is maintained at the highest possible level
- Committed to achieving plant availability and production targets
- Ensure housekeeping standards are maintained
- Ensure all tools and equipment are used and maintained correctly, within the limits of training provided. Apprentices must not use any tools or equipment for which full training has been provided
- Demonstrate personal responsibility for all safety, health, environment, community and sustainability (SHECS) policies, procedures and initiatives
- Support diversity and inclusion, positive employee relations, and teamwork
- Support measures designed to effectively manage costs and adherence to budgetary requirements
- Support continuous improvement initiatives and quality requirements
- Comply with all company policies, procedures and initiatives relevant to job.
- Support training and performance management initiatives
The training you will be getting
All apprentices will be required to achieve as a minimum:
- An employer approved Level 2 Foundation Competence qualification
- An employer approved Level 3 Development Competence qualification
- An employer approved Level 3 Development Technical Knowledge qualification
- Apprentices without Level 2 English and maths will need to achieve this level prior to taking end point assessment
- On and off the job training and location to be confirmed
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
If suitable would be looking at take on as a permanent member of staff.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Level 4/C or equivalent) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
WESTON COLLEGE OF FURTHER AND HIGHER EDUCATION
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.