Business Administration Apprentice (Personal Assistant to Chief Officers) Warwickshire Police
Exciting opportunity to join Warwick Police as an apprentice. The role is to provide secretarial and administration services to Chief Officers. You will work with & meet a wide range of police staff across the organisation. You will complete a Business Admin Level 3 alongside your job role with the support of Babington.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2023
Salary will increase upon completion of apprenticeship to £25,758 per annum.
Total hours per week: 37.0
Possible start date
01 Oct 2023
7 days ago
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
You will work alongside experienced staff and will gain specific skills tailored to the position of a Personal Assistant.
Duties include but not limited to:
- To ensure internal and external visitors are professionally and courteously treated during their visit
- Liaise with appropriate departments to book facilities and refreshments as necessary
- Diary management, including regular meetings with Chief Officers to ensure they are fully informed of ongoing matters
- Ensuring any information provided is well-interpreted in order for decisions/actions to be taken and outstanding issues to be dealt with effectively
- Ensure all diary conflicts are dealt with accordingly
- Ensure all required supporting documents and papers are available in advance
- Administration of meetings including distribution of papers, attending meetings to take minutes/actions
- Ensure effective communication with internal and external contacts
- To prioritise, re-route, draft and respond to correspondence and enquiries verbally or in writing on behalf of Chief Officers
- To manage travel arrangements for Chief Officers, including booking travel, hotels, conferences, car parking arrangements
- To undertake all routine and necessary administrative work i.e., photocopying, filing etc., to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the office, including providing specific information for external publication
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Business Administrator Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard
- 20% on the job training and learning time provided by employers during working hours to complete apprenticeship
- Online learning platform with workshop/classroom sessions
- 121 skills coach support and guidance throughout
- End point assessment preparation, support and arrangement with external provider
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English can be provided and supported to complete should this be required
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Full-time opportunity on completion of apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
About disability confident
BABINGTON BUSINESS COLLEGE LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.