Teaching Assistant Apprentice THE ROMERO CATHOLIC ACADEMY
St Gregory's Catholic Primary School is recruiting for an ambitious and caring Teaching Assistant Apprentice. The core purpose of the job is to assist and support classroom teachers with the education of children in our school. You will gain a Level 3 Teaching Assistant qualification.
Closing date: 20 Oct 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
27 Oct 2023
14 Sep 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Assist teaching staff as required, including helping individual children and groups with the full range of curriculum activities and use of information technology as appropriate
- Prepare, display and mount work, set out equipment/materials for educational use under the direction of Class Teachers
- In collaboration with Class Teachers, ensure classrooms and other teaching areas are kept in a tidy state and that equipment and materials are stored correctly
- Undertake supervision of children in the playground and dining room as determined by the Principal/Vice Principal/Business Manager
- Liaise with teachers and other staff at the school to obtain, exchange and record information on individual children
- Assisting with children injuries and, where appropriately qualified, administering first aid
- Assist with the administering of medicines under the direction of the Academy’s Medicine Policy
- Assist with the identification and monitoring of children and general health and welfare
- Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health and safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person
- Assist with tasks in respect of classroom activities as required including maintaining library books records; classroom supplies and general classroom duties such as photocopying, filing etc.
- Assist Class Teachers in preparing and supervising outings and visits as required
- Attend staff meetings as necessary
- All duties and responsibilities must be carried out with due regard to the Romero Catholic Academy’s Health and Safety Policy
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Training for this qualification will be provided by ourselves at SCCU Group, an Ofsted good training provider. Our tuition is all delivered in the workplace and bespoke to your particular role.
- Teaching Assistant Level 3 Standard, 18-months practical with an additional 2-months End Point Assessment period
- Functional Skills in maths, English and ICT (if required)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Possibility of a substantive position on completion of apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4 or above) Desired
About the employer
THE ROMERO CATHOLIC ACADEMY
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.