We have a fantastic opportunity for the right person to join our friendly team in Captain Jacks Restaurant at Wookey Hole, where we offer customers a great dining experience with a relaxed and comfortable atmosphere. The successful candidate will work alongside two other cooks and a small regular team in our kitchen/restaurant.
Closing date: 10 Oct 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 33.0
Possible start date
10 Nov 2023
14 Sep 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
We will be catering for customers of all ages and different dietary requirements from 20, up to 1000 covers per day. This will be a very rewarding roll for the right person, we are a family run attraction where every day is different and there is lots of opportunity to grow and learn.
Daily duties will include:
- Assisting with all food preparation and cooking.
- Assisting with serving and clearing in the restaurant, including washing up when needed.
- Assisting with events such as weddings and other special occasions.
- Due diligence paperwork.
- Ensuring the kitchen and restaurant area is clean and safe from hazards.
- Stock rotation.
- Stock control
- Providing excellent customer service.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 2 Production Chef standard
- Monthly visits from your College Assessor
- Day release (1 day per week)
- Functional Skills in maths and English - if applicable and depending on your prior attainments
- Full on the job training and support from your team
Employer provided training, alongside the apprenticeship, to include:
- Food Safety & Hygiene
- Health & Safety
- Organisational skills
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- This could lead to a permanent contract at the end of the apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
WESTON COLLEGE OF FURTHER AND HIGHER EDUCATION
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.