Patient Co-ordinator Apprentice Southmead and Henbury Family Practice
Working as part of a team you will assist and direct patients in accessing appropriate service or healthcare professional in an efficient, and effective way. Managing the expectations of patients, carers, or guardians to provide a high standard of patient service. Communicate relevant information between patients and healthcare professionals.
Closing date: today
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
16 Oct 2023
13 Sep 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- To support the Patient Services Manager in the delivery of safe and efficient responses to patient requirements
- Working in our telephone hub being the first contact to our patient enquiries and appointment booking requests
- Making of appointments by telephone and at the reception desk, using a computerised system
- Letter scanning and filing, dealing with clerical patient changes of address, completion of forms etc. as required
- Checking and completion of tasks as appropriate
- Creation of new patient records
- Control all patient files and related admin to required quality standards and in line with information governance, GDPR and DPA regulations
- Maintain accurate records
- To understand performance targets and achieve agreed KPI’s
- To ensure clinical resource and appointment allocation are used in the most effective way
- To support with information on complaints, concerns and incidents, working with the relevant Manager to resolve them in effective and timely way
- To support change to both the service and the structure of the Surgery
- To undertake any other duties commensurate within the post holder’s role as requested by Surgery Manager/Patient Services Manager
- Attending training and events organised by the Surgery or other agencies, where appropriate
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship Standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- Underpinning skills, knowledge and behaviours
The training provider for this Apprenticeship will be City of Bristol College who will support you in working towards achieving your qualification.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Full Time Employment
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
CITY OF BRISTOL COLLEGE
Level 3 (A level)