An opportunity to work and learn alongside qualified and experienced mechanics whilst studying towards an industry recognised Light Motor Vehicle Apprenticeship through a combination of on-job and off-job training.
Closing date: 28 Sep 2023
Initial pay will be at the age appropriate apprentice rate £5.28 per hour. Apprentices over the age of 18 will earn the National Minimum Wage once 6 months service is completed.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
16 Oct 2023
13 Sep 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Servicing working to guidelines to ensure a vehicle is running at optimum performance
- Maintenance replacing parts that have wear and tear before they fail
- Repair diagnosing the reason for vehicle failure and fixing the problem
- The techniques and daily responsibilities you will learn will include: using diagnostic, mechanical and electrical measuring equipment to investigate vehicle faults and identify their underlying causes
- Inspecting and preparing customers vehicles ready for mechanical work
- Removing, repairing, or replacing components to the correct specification
- Contributing to a safe working environment, by working within Health and Safety processes
- Admin and customer service duties that include updating job cards
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- 4 days a week within the Protyre Autocare Centre to be comprised of on the job training plus our online training modules
- 1 day a week at College attending off-job training and development
- Working towards gaining your Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard in Autocare Technician qualification
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Protyre Autocare provides excellent opportunities for career progression plus additional industry qualifications and training
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.