Business Administrator Apprentice / Receptionist Bridge Street Surgery
Bridge Street Surgery are offering the chance for a candidate to take part in a Business Administrator/Receptionist Apprenticeship. Working in a friendly and fast paced environment, the successful candidate will be providing support to the team at different levels in the process. You’ll be working alongside a team of people who thrive in a busy atmosphere. The warm feel of the staff makes for a great place to work.
Closing date: 11 Dec 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
08 Jan 2024
13 Sep 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
The duties and responsibilities involved in this role will involve:
- Answering the telephone in a professional and helpful manner
- Responsible for co-ordinating the correspondence from patients
- Meeting and greeting patients
- Taking repeat prescription orders from patients and processing them
- Dealing with on-line queries from patients and processing to the right person
- General administrative duties including typing correspondence by e-mail and letter
- Entering data onto internal systems with a high level of accuracy and speed
- Batch texting to patients for re-calls etc
- Assisting the team Secretary/PA with duties as and when required
- Any other duties requested by the line manager
The training you will be getting
- Training will be at North Lindsey College where you will access a wide range of facilities on offer
- Day release
- You will undertake The Level 3 Business Administration Apprenticeship Standard
- You will undertake Functional Skills for English and/or Maths if needed
- You will undertake both on and off the job training by a team of industry qualified professionals to give you the best skills, knowledge, and experience
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Successful completion of the apprenticeship could lead to a higher-level apprenticeship or full-time employment for the right candidate.
There are various positions within the surgery. You can progress to secretarial, work flow, and medical records administrator or train to work in the dispensary, it is not just answer the telephones and dealing with patients that come into the surgery.
Applicants must be 18+ due to insurance reasons.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
Bridge Street Surgery
DN COLLEGES GROUP
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.