Business Administration Apprentice - Longford Park Primary GLOUCESTERSHIRE LEARNING ALLIANCE
To act as first point of contact for visitors and callers to the Academy and to undertake a wide range of other administrative tasks as and when required. Working towards your Level 3 business administration qualification through on the job learning and online assignments with LMP Education. A fantastic opportunity to join a highly effective team.
Closing date: 16 Oct 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.0
Possible start date
23 Oct 2023
11 Sep 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Processing telephone calls and ensuring appropriate action is taken
- Operating standard office equipment, e.g. fax machine, franking machine and photocopier
- Greeting, registering, and welcoming visitors at Reception
- To include taking / issuing payments / payment requests
- Keeping a record of staff, visitors and contractors signing in and out of the building
- Operating access control for monitored, automated external entrances, exercising appropriate security procedure and practice
- Ensuring that the Reception area is kept tidy and projects a professional image of the School
- In the event of a fire and / or any other emergency complying with the Academy procedures
- Ensuring pupils sign in and out when entering and leaving the building when necessary
- Checking and signing for deliveries at Reception
- Photocopying and filing
- Providing administrative support to the School Administrator
- Accessing pupil information using the Academy’s MIS System, Arbor
Other Duties and responsibilities:
- Attending and participating in meetings / training where required
- Contributing to the overall values, vision and targets of the Trust
- Following GLA policies and procedures especially those relating to child protection and health and safety
- Any other duties which may reasonably be regarded as within the nature of the duties and responsibilities / grade of the post as defined
- Understand the implications of the Data Protection Act and other legislation and to ensure that there is provision to maintain confidentiality of records and information
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Business administrator Level 3 (A level)
- LMP Education (Training Provider), on the job training in a full time role with remote online learning style, alongside full time job
- Training will be delivered in a blended format, with online learning and face to face sessions taking place in the workplace
- You will be expected to meet with your allocated tutor at least once per month for catch up sessions and to discuss coursework
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Potential to be offered a full time position within the school / or trust, upon completion of the apprenticeship. However, this is not guaranteed.
Qualification progression routes available. (Level 4 School business professional).
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4 or above or Level 2) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
GLOUCESTERSHIRE LEARNING ALLIANCE
LET ME PLAY LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.