Level 3 Apprentice Nursery Assistant - The Paddocks Somerset County Council
As a member of the Paddocks team you will work in partnership with staff, parents, carers and their children to provide high quality, inclusive, fully integrated childcare provision for children under five, whilst working towards achieving a qualification in Early Years Childcare.
Closing date: 26 Sep 2023
This post is all year round.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
02 Oct 2023
12 Sep 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- To have responsibility for a number of children (under supervision), working in partnership with families, ensuring that individual children’s childcare needs are met at all times.
- Providing high quality childcare for under fives, which includes a wide range of activities and opportunities to enable children to achieve their full potential.
- To ensure you have knowledge of child protection and follow the policies and procedures in place. Ensure the children are safeguarded whilst they are within our care and any concerns are reported to the Nursery designated Lead.
- Assist in provision of a warm caring environment for children and their families, accessible to all. To integrate children and parents with disabilities, sensitively and positively into the setting, promoting participation in a range of quality activities.
- Liaise closely with all members of the staff team to ensure childcare provision links to the Early Years Foundation Stage, requiring knowledge and application of this.
- To assist in the provision of a high quality play environment that adheres to OFSTED requirements through planning, effective room organisation and provision of Early Years Resources, to develop a high quality play environment both indoors and outdoors which meets each child’s individual needs, in accordance with the Early Years Foundation Stage.
- Liaise with parents/carers to highlight the needs of their children and sharing developmental information on a regular basis with other professionals.
- Daily supervision and care of a number of children. Taking care of children’s personal needs and encouraging self-help and social skills.
- Setting up for meals, supervision of meals, clearing and cleaning away after meals.
- To assist in ensuring the maintenance of adequate standards of cleanliness and hygiene for families and children attending the setting. The maintenance of prescribed standards and repair of equipment and premises.
- To have an overall knowledge of and provide a service which values and respects the race, religion, language, culture and needs of all the children and families using the nursery.To accept responsibility for special projects or areas of work as directed by the manager.
- To be aware and work within the Health and Safety framework, policies, procedures, guidelines and legislation to include fire drills.
- To participate in regular supervisions and staff meetings.
- To provide flexibility in covering and care at short notice in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
- To ensure confidentiality regarding all matters concerning the Paddocks Nursery.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- NCFE CACHE Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Workforce (Early Years Educator)
- Functional skills in maths & English (Level 2) (if required)
- Apprentices must successfully complete a first aid qualification prior to End-Point Assessment.
- End-Point Assessment - you will work towards achieving the knowledge, skills and behaviours for the Early Years Educator Standard. This is achieved on completion of an externally assessed EPA.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Fully qualified and will be able to apply for a permanent nursery role if available.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
RICHARD HUISH TRUST
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.