Purchase Ledger Administrator Apprentice THE SMALLPEICE TRUST LTD
An Exciting opportunity to assist the Finance Department in maintaining up-to-date and accurate expenditure information and the Operation Department with purchasing of materials, booking of hotels etc together with various administrative duties for The Smallpeice Trust.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2023
£10,296.00 to £20,319.00
A travel bursary of £600 per annum payable in equal monthly instalments
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
01 Nov 2023
08 Sep 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Responsible for supporting the Education Team with purchasing of materials for event delivery, booking of hotels, collection and delivery of STEM kit for Virtual & Multi Teacher events.
- Understanding the need to obtain “Value for money” in all purchasing activities.
- Raising of Purchases Orders within the Xero System.
- Ensuring appropriate supporting documentation for each purchase order is attached within the system.
- Understanding the importance of accurately entering cost information (including VAT) so that there are minimal issues when invoices are subsequently received.
- Having Purchases Orders approved by appropriate line manager prior to placing of orders
- Placing of orders / booking of collections through supplier portals, online or over the phone.
- Resolving any delivery issues in a professional manner so that goods are where they are needed when they are needed.
- Processing of all invoices, credit and debit notes onto the Purchase Ledger in order to maintain an accurate and up to date position.
- Ensure processing is accurate and timely so as to ensure prompt payment of all accounts.
- Matching and validating all invoices to goods received notes and purchase orders.
- Converting Purchase Orders into “Bills” and ensuring PO Log is kept up to date at all times.
- Following up all invoicing discrepancies with appropriate colleagues and having Purchase Orders re-approved if necessary.
- Maintaining high standards of filing. This is wholly electronic so good practice to organise and maintain files, expected to
avoid duplication of processing, or non-processing.
- Confident to use Print to PDF / Save to PDF functions to save documents received.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
AAT Level 3
Training will be one day a week at CWCT
For the assistant accountant, the qualification required is:
AAT Advanced Diploma in Accounting
AAT Level 3 Diploma in Accounting
Assistant accountant / Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Once qualified can lead to a permanent position within the company and to progress onto higher levels apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
COVENTRY AND WARWICKSHIRE CHAMBERS OF COMMERCE TRAINING LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.