We are a forward thinking modern Accountancy Practice, and are currently recruiting for an Accounts Finance Apprentice (Level 2) to join our team on a permanent basis. With a proven track record of training our team members and promotion from within, this is an opportunity to join a company that truly invests in their staff, and can offer opportunities for progression. Duties include: preparation of statutory accounts for review and to completion for sole traders, partnerships and limited companies, preparation of management accounts.
Closing date: today
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
02 Oct 2023
08 Sep 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Duties of the role include:
To provide assistance in regards to:
- Preparation of statutory accounts for review and to completion for sole traders, partnerships and limited companies
- Preparation of Management accounts
- Prepare Corporation tax returns
- Some assistance with audit
- Maintain effective communication with all interested parties on each job
- Respond to and deal with client queries
- General administration
- Any other reasonable tasks as requested by a Manager or Director.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Accounts Finance Assistant Apprenticeship Level 2 Standard.
- Weekly off the job training.
- Weekly half day session + mindful sessions.
- Functional Skills in maths and English, if required.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- There is a potential full time position offered to the right candidate and the opportunity to progress to other levels of AAT.
- An apprenticeship allows you to earn a wage, gain valuable work experience and industry specific competence.
- Potential for full time employment on successful completion of the apprenticeship.
- Transferable skills that are invaluable in the wider world of work.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade C or 4) Desired
About the employer
Accounts or finance assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.