Assistant Accounts Apprentice KEY ACCOUNTANTS MIDLANDS LTD
Looking to kick-start your journey to become a qualified accountant, Key Accountants are looking to recruit a new apprentice to support business growth. You will be exposed to a wide variety of duties including reconciliations, bookkeeping, tax, VAT and learning to use various accountancy software.
Closing date: 19 Oct 2023
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
26 Oct 2023
08 Sep 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Reporting to your manager, your typical roles will include, but are not necessarily limited to the following:
- Bookkeeping for clients
- Assisting clients with bookkeeping queries
- Helping with creating management accounts and discussing with clients
- Calculating & submitting VAT returns
- Preparation of accounts for sole traders and limited companies
- Processing regular payroll for clients
- Communicating with HMRC to deal with client queries
- Understanding and identifying different cost classifications (e.g. expenses & capital expenditure)
- Creating and maintaining a range of accounting spreadsheets using Microsoft excel
- General finance admin tasks as and when required
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The Level 3 Assistant Accountant apprenticeship standard includes 6 AAT exams, in addition to the Synoptic Assessment as part of the End-Point Assessment (EPA) process.
The knowledge units will be delivered at the EMA training hub in Derby or Nottingham (depending on apprentices’ location) through day release.
AAT Modules are as follows:
- Introduction to Bookkeeping (Level 2 Unit)
- Principles of Bookkeeping (Level 2 Unit)
- Management Accounting Technique
- Financial Accounting: Preparing
- Financial Statements
- Business Awareness
- Tax Processes for Business
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- The opportunity to progress into a full-time role within the company
- The opportunity to progress onto a Level 4 accountancy course upon completion of the Level 3 course
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
EMA TRAINING LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.