Do you have enthusiasm, drive and a commitment to a future in Engineering? Apply if you do! A mechanical interest for engineering must be reflected in your application, be it through repairs to cars/bikes, etc. or a general interest in Engineering. Successful candidates will be given the opportunity to spend time visiting each department to gain insight into all Engineering techniques used.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2023
Total hours per week: 39.0
Possible start date
09 Oct 2023
11 Sep 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
William Hughes specialises in the design and manufacture of custom-made springs, wire forms and assemblies. We are seeking to employ an enthusiastic & hardworking individual as an Engineering Apprentice.
We are looking for someone who enjoys both practical and academic work with an aptitude for, and an interest in, Engineering.
Main duties and areas of training will include:
- CNC Milling machines
- Surface grinders and various other equipment used in the Tool-room department
- Wire forming and Spring manufacturing equipment
- Inspection and quality checking
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- The apprenticeship training is delivered through a combination of workplace learning and regular college attendance. This training will teach you the knowledge, skills and behaviours set out in the Level 3 Machining Technician Apprenticeship Standard
- On completion the apprentice will receive level 3 Extended Diploma in Engineering qualification
- Functional Skills in maths and English may also be required depending on current level
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- On successful completion of the apprenticeship there may be the opportunity take you on permanently
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.