Teaching Assistant Apprentice - Springbank Primary Academy Springbank Primary Academy
Springbank Primary Academy are seeking a teaching assistant apprentice to join their exceptional team, completing the Level 3 TA qualification whilst learning practically on the job. Support and guidance will be provided, we are seeking an eager to learn, enthusiastic aspiring learning assistant.
Closing date: 05 Oct 2023
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
07 Oct 2023
08 Sep 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Supporting all pupils with whom they come into contact to ensure their safety and facilitate their physical and emotional development.
- Working with individual pupils with special needs.
- Working with groups of children to support their learning.
- Developing pupil’s attitude to learning
- Provide pastoral support for pupils who are exhibiting behaviour, emotional or social problems in school.
- Working with the teacher, implement a range of strategies and solutions to ensure that pupils can overcome barriers to learning and maximise opportunities provided for them in school.
Support for the Teacher
- To prepare classroom equipment, work and resources and tidy as appropriate.
- To assist and support the class teacher to assess individuals and groups of children and to report problems and concerns to the class teacher.
- To provide information to support the report for the annual review meeting for pupils specifically in their charge.
- To regularly liaise with the class teacher regarding pupil progress and well being
- On occasion, and under the direction of the class teacher be responsible for larger groups of children.
- Support for the Curriculum
- To develop a knowledge of Literacy, Numeracy and other National Curriculum subjects relevant to pupils’ abilities.
- To develop a broad knowledge of special needs and how teaching methods are adapted to meet these needs.
- To develop and adapt resources to support the curriculum.
- To facilitate pupils’ access to the curriculum.
Support for the School
- Recognise own strengths and areas of specialist expertise and use these to lead, advise and support others.
- Comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health and safety equal opportunities reporting concerns to an appropriate person.
- To attend relevant in-service training.
- To liaise and consult with other members of the team including the SENCO.
- To be aware of school procedures.
- To maintain confidentiality.
- To maintain links between home and school via home school books.
- To undertake duties, falling within the remit of this post, at the discretion of the Head Teacher.
- Contribute to the overall ethos/work/aims of the school as exemplified in the staff charter.
- Support individual pupils and groups across the whole curriculum under the direction of the Class Teacher.
- Support individual pupils with emotional and behavioural problems.
- Support pupils with complex medical needs as identified in their
- Intimate Care Plan or Individual Health Care Plan
- Display pupils work to create a stimulating environment and raise students’ self-esteem.
- Assist the class teacher with the setting up and clearing away of equipment in practical areas.
- Accompany pupils on educational trips ‘off site’ (within your normal working hours)
- Participate in INSET days and other training
- Register a class and carry out associated duties, under the direction of the class teacher.
- Implement the school behaviour policy, so as it ensure it is understood and applied by all members of the school community.
- Be dynamic and supportive when de-escalating incidents when a pupil is in crisis, report and record such incidents.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Working towards Level 3 Teaching assistant qualification. Across an expected duration of 16 months.
LMP Education (Training Provider) will offer a remote online learning style, alongside full time job. With a minimum of 1 monthly session with your tutor.
Training will be delivered in a blended format, with online learning and face to face sessions through your work place mentor and tutor.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Potential to be offered a full-time position upon completion of the apprenticeship, however this cannot be guaranteed.
Progression route - Level 4 Higher level teaching assistant.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths/Function Skills Level 2 (Grade 4/C) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Springbank Primary Academy
LET ME PLAY LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)