Apprentice Early Years Practitioner Busy Kids Private Nursery
Busy Kids Private Nursery are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join their team as an Apprentice Early Years Practitioner. To work alongside the nursery team to deliver a high standard of education to the children whilst gaining as much practical experience as possible for the duration of your apprenticeship.
Closing date: 05 Oct 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
06 Oct 2023
12 Sep 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- To read, understand, agree to and implement all company Policies and Procedures.
- To have a basic understanding of child development, children’s needs and the provision of positive play opportunities.
- To demonstrate a caring attitude towards all children.
- To care for and supervise any group of children that you are put in charge of.
- To ensure that health and safety remains at the forefront of all activity at all times.
- To treat all children and families with respect and treat all children in your care as individuals.
- To create an interesting and stimulating environment for children to develop within.
- To be consistent with the messages you are giving to all children.
- To provide suitable support for children with additional needs and to liaise with more senior members of staff to help promote their welfare and development.
- To ensure positive behaviour management techniques are used in line with Policies and Procedures.
- To carry out any housekeeping duties as directed by those in positions of authority.
- To ensure the ethos, implementation and legal requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage are delivered consistently.
- To support a commitment to the theory and practice of equal opportunities.
- To support senior members of staff to ensure appropriate Child Protection procedures are put in place and prioritised at all times.
- To ensure that confidentiality regarding any aspect of the setting is always maintained.
- To support all coordinators, eg SENDCo, behaviour management in their duties.
- To be flexible and adaptable, to assist in all aspects of the work of the setting and to provide support for all members of staff.
- To assist in the keeping of required records including children’s development, accident and incident, risk assessments etc.
- To be able to think and act quickly in a stressful or emergency situation, and to be aware of emergency procedures.
- To attend staff meetings and training courses as directed by senior managers.
- To attend regular out of work hours training as directed by course tutors in order to ensure the timely completion of all work associated to your qualification.
- To work as part of the team and always contribute positively.
- To undergo your duties with a positive, enthusiastic, can-do attitude.
- To be organised, efficient, confident, hard-working and conscientious at all times.
- To promote good relationships between staff members, children and parents at all times.
- To promote the good name of the setting in order to enhance its reputation.
- To cover any staff responsibilities as appropriate at the request of senior management, particularly taking into account that unforeseen circumstances can occur when looking after children.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Early years practitioner Level 2 apprenticeship standard
- Functional skills if needed
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Early years practitioner Level 2, and the possible opportunity to study Level 3 Early Years Educator.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade (Grade C or 4+) desirable) Desired
About the employer
EDEN TRAINING SOLUTIONS LIMITED
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.