Accounts Assistant Apprentice VISUALIZE OFFICE SOLUTIONS LTD
We are a small practice of 7 looking for our 8th! We are fast growing company of primarily Bookkeepers and one Accountant. Experience working in an Accountancy practice is essential as we are expecting the successful candidate to be able to prepare accounts to review stage independently.
Closing date: 29 Mar 2024
Total hours per week: 36.5
Possible start date
15 Apr 2024
04 Sep 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
You will support the Practice Accountant in the preparation of statutory accounts to draft stage, as well as bookkeeping for a small portfolio of clients. We are looking to grow the role with you as you go through your studies, increasing your responsibilities as you go.
Supporting the Practice Accountant to deliver a quality service to a range of clients, the principal duties of this role will be to plan, prepare and undertake bookkeeping, accounts and tax assignments. We are looking for candidates with practice experience and looking to continue their education within accountancy.
The key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Preparation of clients bookkeeping and quarterly VAT returns, using accounting software and Microsoft Excel
- Control account reconciliations
- Assisting with the preparation of year end and management account files for clients who are sole traders, partnerships and limited companies
- Preparing tax computations alongside the accounts work
- Preparing VAT returns for review
- Liaising with clients in a confident and professional manner
- Writing letters and emails
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The apprenticeship will need you to attend classes at college one day a week for the length of a full college day, which you need to commit to. Time spent training will come under the working hours per week. It is a Government requirement for you to spend a minimum of six hours a week off-the-job - off the job can consist of college attendance, coursework, project related work, employer training, mentoring and coaching.
Apprentices are independently assessed at the end of their programme to achieve the Assistant Accountant apprenticeship at a Pass or Distinction grade.
- Synoptic Test (3 hours on a College PC - 40%) Covering: IT Systems / Processes, Standards, Reporting, Analysis, Comms, Problem Solving, Quality and Accountability within a Financial Accounting Environment
- A portfolio and reflective discussion (60%) showing evidence of knowledge, skills and behaviours while within the workplace had met required standards
- Standard Level 3 AAT Exams after each individual unit
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
We are looking for someone ambitious to take the bull by the horns and grow as the company does. We are excited to look into developing you as the successful candidate into a rounded and approachable Accountant to work with clients and guide them on their business journey.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 9-4/A*-C) Essential
Other Level 2 AAT (Grade Pass) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
VISUALIZE OFFICE SOLUTIONS LTD
CITY OF PORTSMOUTH COLLEGE
Accounts or finance assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.