Every GP Practice needs an efficient team of receptionists/ administrators who can ensure that every patient’s experience is a positive one! This is an exciting opportunity to start your career in the Health Care Sector as an Apprentice Receptionist.
Closing date: 16 Oct 2023
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
23 Oct 2023
01 Sep 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
To provide support to the reception team including tasks such as:
- Use clinical systems to identify patients requiring annual checks
and send invitations.
- Shred confidential correspondence in accordance with practice
- Answer telephone calls and either deal with the query or pass on
to the appropriate person.
- Initiate calls to resolve outstanding actions.
- To provide patients with an efficient and effective telephone based reception service.
- Making patient appointments (same day, routine, and
- Allocation of triage appointments.
- Giving routine test results.
- Taking home visit requests.
- Passing emergency calls i.e., chest pain/stroke to duty doctor.
- General enquiries.
- Resolving issues.
- Complaint management and resolution.
- Prescription queries.
- Appointment and clinic changes.
- To complete all associated administration in an accurate and
- To provide outstanding customer care always, both internally and
- To have a thorough knowledge of all Practice procedures.
- To work in accordance with written protocols.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 2 apprenticeships.
Apprentices who have not achieved the equivalent of level 2
qualifications in maths and English, will need to achieve level 1
functional skills in these and work towards level 2 functional skills.
Apprentices will be allocated a trainer assessor and training will be
planned and delivered in conjunction with the employer to meet
the individual needs of the apprentice.
The apprentice will spend 20% of their working hours in off the job
activities and training.
On the job and off the job training will be delivered in the
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Potential opportunity for ongoing permanent employment upon
successful completion of the Apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4-9) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
ACCESS TRAINING (EAST MIDLANDS) LTD
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.