Customer Service Apprentice - Quickline ASSET TRAINING & CONSULTANCY LTD
The purpose of this role is support the Operations team with day to day tasks including answering calls, arranging jobs and emailing. You will handle any customer issues and complaints, escalating to senior management where necessary.
Closing date: 15 Oct 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
16 Oct 2023
31 Aug 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Receive morning handover from transport team.
- Undivert all mailboxes from transport@ email address.
- Ensure all phone calls and emails are answered promptly throughout the working day.
- Assist with all customer enquiries, escalating to senior management where necessary.
- Input all bookings and quotes onto the system as comprehensively as possible including addresses, contacts and load details, ensuring any missing information is requested accordingly
- Action any quotes or bookings made by customers through the online portal
- Record all ad-hoc consignment activity, in the internal notes section of each booking
- Monitor driver progress throughout the consignment, ensuring they are on site within the requested time frame and delivering directly unless otherwise agreed
- Monitor on-site times for both collection and delivery to avoid any issues and potential additional waiting time charges
- Action any jobs highlighted in red, obtaining an update, recording the contact in the internal notes and relaying update to customer.
- Ensure all customer costs are correct in each consignment, matching costs quoted to the customer
- Liaise with Transport Department to ensure new bookings are promptly covered
- Ensure collection, delivery and customer contact numbers are present for all consignments, including customer contacts for jobs going out of normal working hours (08:00 – 18:00)
- Liaise with customers and suppliers regarding any loading or unloading issues to avoid unnecessary delays and additional charges
- Always backup any verbal conversations with customer via email including additional charges
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Customer Service Specialist Apprenticeship Standard
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English if needed
- Monthly sessions with tutor - no college days - 20% off the job training
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Permanent position with employer
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
ASSET TRAINING & CONSULTANCY LTD
ASSET TRAINING & CONSULTANCY LIMITED
Customer service specialist
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.