The Apprenticeship Receptionist/Administrator will work in a busy GP practice and will be enrolled on the business administration apprenticeship level 3 with PMA Ltd. In-house training and on the job training will be offered. The role is a great opportunity to start your NHS career. You will work on reception and across the practice.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2023
For guidelines on wages please visit https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.0
Possible start date
01 Oct 2023
30 Aug 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The post involves being receptionist and telephone answering room assistant at a Doctors surgery in Belvedere . Although a busy Practice you will be fully supported and be expected to work in a team .
You will need to have a good telephone manner and customer service skills .
The role requires you to have the ability to remain calm and focused on the task in hand but also be proactive in problem solving and be able to multi task . The duties can include but are not limited to getting and directing patients. Effective use of the appointment and booking system and liaising with other team members within and outside the practice, we use the EMIS system.
We are a large but happy and supportive team.
Quality with efficiency and patient centred services are at heart of what we do.
Clinical team is made up of seven GPS, two Pharmacists, three Nurse Practitioners, two Physician associates, two nurses, two HCAs and attached community staff.
We employ around 21 reception/admin staff.
You will need to be flexible in approach to working hours.
Main duties of the job
- You will need to have a good telephone manner and customer service skills
- The role requires you to have the ability to remain calm and focused on the task in hand but also be proactive in problem solving and be able to multi task
- The duties can include but are not limited to getting and directing patients
- Effective use of the appointment and booking system and liaising with other team members within and outside the practice
- Experience is preferred and we use the EMIS system
- You will need to be flexible in approach to working hours
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- The successful apprentice will be enrolled on the Business Administrator Apprenticeship Level 3 with PMA Ltd
- The apprenticeship will be a work-based apprenticeship and the learner does not attend college but completes the apprenticeship whilst in the workplace
- In-house and on the job training available with additional courses available through our ICS
- Functional Skills in English and maths if required
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Working within the Healthcare sector, progress with qualifications.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4 - 9) Desired
About the employer
DR V BHALLA
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.