Join our friendly team at the Kingsdon Inn and learn how to provide the best experience for all our customers. You will be the face of the business, ensuring that our clientele leave having enjoyed not only good food but a warm and welcoming atmosphere. To assist in the daily running of the restaurant, bar and lounge including; Setting up and clearing down after service Ensure the smooth day to day running of all bar sales/food etc.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2023
A pro-rata share of tips will be paid after trial period.
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
16 Oct 2023
30 Aug 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
To assist in the daily running of the restaurant, bar and lounge including;
- Setting up and clearing down after service
- Ensure the smooth day to day running of all bar sales/food operations as determined by law
- Responsible for the bar cash float, all-cash took credit card transactions and charging guests’ room accounts from the sale of bar products
- To be aware of all relevant emergency and evacuation procedures
- Ensuring customer requests are dealt with promptly and efficiently
- Provide a level of service that exceeds customer expectations
- Maintaining a high standard of cleanliness and quality in the restaurant and bar at all times
- Ensure total guest satisfaction is achieved
- Other related activities and functions
- To undertake any training and development deemed appropriate for the position by the relevant line manager
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 2 Hospitality Team Member Qualification
- Training to be delivered one day a week at Strode College, Street, Somerset
- Functional skills maths and English if required
- Strode College will be managing applications for this vacancy
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
The opportunity to progress to Level 3 Hospitality Supervisor may be available for the right candidate.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
Hospitality team member
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.