Apprentice Payroll Assistant KLN ACCOUNTANCY SERVICES LIMITED
Are you looking for a career in accounting, working for an accounts practice which truly values it's employees and customers? If so KLN Accountancy are looking for an Apprentice Payroll Assistant to join their team! Duties include: general office duties and admin tasks, including; photocopying, filling, processing and uploading payroll records.
Closing date: 13 Oct 2023
Range between £10,296 to £14,000
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
20 Oct 2023
29 Aug 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
To assist in the provision of high quality and professional accountancy support services to the Senior Management and Accounts Team. You will be working under the guidance and supervision of qualified and experienced members of staff. We will also appoint a dedicated Line Manager and Mentor to support you throughout your apprenticeship.
Duties will include:
- General office duties and administrative work, for example; photocopying, filling etc.
- Processing and uploading payroll records
- Basic Payroll duties using sage 50 payroll system
- Ensuring all payroll records are kept up to date
- Assisting in the preparation of Limited Company and Sole Trader accounts
- Customer service duties including dealing with incoming phone calls and visitors
- Manage time keeping including input of own weekly time sheet
- Organising client meetings for Accounts Manager
- Assisting with any other Practice business during staff holidays/absences as required
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The Payroll Administrator Standard Level 3 is delivered in two elements; the CIPP (Chartered Institute of Payroll Professionals) knowledge units and work based projects designed by the provider, to meet employer needs.
The knowledge units outlined below are delivered via the CIPP online learning platform:
- National Insurance
- Statutory Sick Pay (SSP)
- Statutory Parental Leave
- Statutory Deductions.
You will complete a knowledge check at the end of each unit, which will test your skills.
The projects issued by the provider are as follows:
- Business and Customer Awareness
- Payroll (Core)
- Payroll (Pensions for payroll)
- Payroll (Technical)
- Regulation and Compliance
- Systems and Processes
The last three months of the qualification will entail completing the following as part of the EndPoint Assessment:
- Role Simulation
- Professional Discussion
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- The potential to secure a more senior role with additional responsibilities
- The possibility to secure a full-time role upon completion of the apprenticeship
- The opportunity to progress onto a Level 4 accountancy apprenticeship upon completion of the Level 3
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
EMA TRAINING LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.