Surgery Reception and Administration Support Apprentice Oakside Surgery
A Surgery Reception and Administration Support Apprentice is required. This is a new and exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and customer friendly candidate to become part of our reception-based administration support team as part of Oakside Surgery. You will be booking routine medical appointments, answering patient telephone enquiries, plus much more.
Closing date: 08 Dec 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.0
Possible start date
11 Dec 2023
29 Aug 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What you will do in your working day
We are looking for someone who is friendly, enthusiastic and ambitious, and would work well within a small yet very busy customer-based team. Tasks will vary but could include:
- Assisting patients in the reception area with face-to-face enquiries/support where necessary
- Assisting with patient telephone enquiries and liaising with other NHS/GP partners as necessary
- Booking routine medical appointments
- Support with administration tasks as necessary such as scanning documents, filing records, maintaining patient files etc.
The training you will be getting
Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner Apprenticeship Standard:
- On the job training as necessary to support role development
- Off the job training (College attendance) to support qualification
- Employer will allocate dedicated training time to support off-the job training requirements
- Functional Skills in maths and English - if required.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- An apprenticeship allows you to earn a wage, gain valuable work experience and industry specific competence.
- Potential for full time employment on successful completion of the apprenticeship.
- Transferable skills that are invaluable in the wider world of work.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Mathematics (Grade A*/9 - C/4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
FOCUS TRAINING (SW) LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.