Godstowe Preparatory School - Facilities Assistant Apprenticeship INSPIRE ATA LIMITED
Godstowe Preparatory Schoolare seeking a hard working Facilities Services Operative Apprentice supporting the smooth running of the facilities. The role includes providing customer service to internal and external customers to ensure the effective delivery of a range of facilities services and support the delivery of facilities services projects.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2023
Pay increase after 12 months
Total hours per week: 30.0
Possible start date
02 Oct 2023
29 Aug 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Assistant Groundsperson working as part of the Estate Team to maintain and improve the school grounds, including:
- Assisting with the maintenance and improvement of sports pitches, parkland, woodland and gardens
- Upkeep of the lacrosse pitch, tennis and netball courts including line marking
- Mowing, strimming, weeding, weed-killing, hedging and pruning, including spraying of appropriate herbicides and pesticides
- Preparing beds and baskets for planting, edging and fertilising
- Laying turf, seeding, levelling and filling ground, drainage
- Maintaining the school pond in conjunction with the Science department, ensuring good habitat for wildlife
- Assisting with the servicing and maintenance of grounds machinery and equipment and keeping appropriate records
- Reporting in a timely manner grounds works or equipment maintenance requirements needing contractor assistance
- Assisting other members of the school maintenance team with sweeping and general clearing, keeping roads and paths clear and safe in severe weather conditions, car parking operations and other essential day-to-day tasks
- Any other general school duties which may be required from time to time to assist with the smooth running of the school
- To participate in any training and team meetings, as required and directed by the Facilities Manager and the Director of Finance and Operations.
- Eligible for an NUS card for discounts in shops and restaurants
- Eligible for an apprenticeship oyster card, 30% off travel
- Discount on Nandos, ASOS, Vue cinema and much more
- Earn while you learn
- No debt
- Automatic rise in pay after 12 months
- Prizes and vouchers to be won (apprentice of the month)
- Secure a job with little or no experience
- Remote learning
- Paid twice a month
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 2 Facilities Services Operative Standard qualification
- Functional skills Level 2 maths and English (if required)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Possible progression into full-time employment for the right applicant
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*-C/9-4 or Level 2 equivalent) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
LET ME PLAY LIMITED
Facilities services operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.