The successful apprentice will have a fantastic opportunity to work alongside some experienced and skilled chefs in a variety of different dining trains with varied menus. You will prepare, cook and serve hot and cold meals to the company’s standards.
Closing date: 02 Oct 2023
Benefits of working with this employer include Statuary Holidays, Tips, Uniform supplied, and the opportunity to work with a close knit team
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
05 Oct 2023
24 Aug 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- To work to the company’s policies and procedures, health & safety policy and food hygiene regulations.
- Prepare, cook and serve hot and cold meals to the company’s standards
- Provide food for special dietary requirements as required, taking into account customer’s preferences
- Continually seek to improve professional knowledge and competence
- Take part in staff briefings, meetings and training in order to continually improve company standards and customer service.
- Identify opportunities for new business and improvements in market strategy
- Other duties and responsibilities consistent with the role as required by the Catering Manager.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
On completion of the qualification, the apprentice will receive a level 2 Commis Chef qualification. The apprentice will work with the employer four days a week and attend Leicester College at Freemen's Park Campus one day a week.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
The natural progression from commis chef is to demi-chef de partie, chef de partie (section chef) and then onwards and upwards to sous chef and head chef.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 3) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.