Apprentice Medical Receptionist BRIERLEY PARK MEDICAL CENTRE
We are looking to appoint a receptionist to join our busy GP practice as the first point of contact for patients, contractors, and visitors and carry out our general office management tasks. This role is ideal for someone who is highly organised and an effective communicator who can provide a professional and warm welcome to our patients.
Closing date: 02 Oct 2023
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
09 Oct 2023
24 Aug 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- To have a thorough knowledge of all practice procedures.
- Pulling/filing notes and updating as necessary.
- Processing and distributing incoming and outgoing mail.
- Filing and retrieving paperwork/correspondence, including filing patient records.
- Computer data entry, processing and recording information in accordance with practice procedures.
- Providing clerical assistance to practice staff as required, including word/data processing, filing, photocopying, and scanning.
- Cover sickness/annual leave and work reasonable overtime when required, including some weekends and evenings.
- Receiving patients, consulting with members of the practice team.
- Handing completed repeat prescriptions to patients and checking names and addresses.
- Be able to cover all reception positions as necessary.
- Taking messages and passing on information.
- Processing personal and telephone requests for appointments, telephone consultations and ensuring callers are directed to the appropriate healthcare professional.
- Initiating contact with and responding to requests from patients, other team members and associated healthcare agencies and providers.
Appointment System Management:
- Book/edit/cancel appointments and recalls ensuring sufficient information is recorded to retrieve medical records.
- Monitor the effectiveness of the system and report any problems or variations required.
- Deal with home visit requests, carefully noting all details
- Medical Records Management:
- Ensure correspondence, reports, results, etc., are filed in the correct record.
Consultation Room Preparations:
- Clearing and re-stocking of consulting rooms as required
- Consulting rooms are prepared in readiness for each consulting session.
- Rooms are checked at the end of each consulting session and left tidy and secure.
Other Job Responsibilities:
- Maintain confidentiality of information, acting within the terms of the Data Protection Act and Caldicott guidance on patient confidentiality at all times.
- Maintain an awareness of the Freedom of Information Act.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 2 Customer service practitioner apprenticeship.
Apprentices who have not achieved the equivalent of level 2 qualifications in maths and English will need to achieve level 1 functional skills in these and work towards level 2 functional skills.
Apprentices will be allocated a Trainer Assessor and training will be planned and delivered in conjunction with the employer to meet the individual needs of the apprentice.The apprentice will spend 20% of their working hours in off-the job activities and training.
On the job and off the job training will be delivered in the workplace.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Applicants may apply for a position at the end of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4-9) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
ACCESS TRAINING (EAST MIDLANDS) LTD
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.