Apprentice Account Handler BAKER JAYNE INSURANCE BROKERS LTD
Baker Jayne Insurance Brokers have an excellent opportunity for an Apprentice Account Handler to join their team. You will be learning about insurance, it’s social benefits, economic benefits, protection of assets & wealth. You will assist the team in the servicing & administration of client insurances & provide a quality service to clients.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
01 Nov 2023
01 Sep 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
You will receive a structured training programme, signed off at different stages, building knowledge and understanding. You will learn about insurance, it’s social benefits, economic benefits, protection of assets and wealth. You will be trained to be able to deal with new business, mid-term adjustments and renewals in the relevant markets in line with company procedures and practice, referring to senior colleagues.
Once you have been trained to input new business, amendments and renewals on the computer system to maintain accurate records, keeping hard-copy records on customer files in accordance with company standard procedures.
Other duties include, but are not limited to:
- Carry out instructions regarding the arrangement or amendment of insurance for clients, referring the query to the appropriate person when the enquiry falls outside your own experience and knowledge
- Provide a quality service to existing clients, covering all aspects of their insurance arrangements; to advise, review, arrange and secure the appropriate cover at a competitive premium
- Ensure accuracy, efficiency and professionalism at all times when dealing with all clients, colleagues and insurers
- Deal with telephone enquiries promptly, referring the query to the appropriate person when the enquiry falls outside your own knowledge and experience
- Liaise with Insurers, other company staff and claims handlers when appropriate
- Ensure the correct policy wordings are attached to certificates, including any other wording (exclusions, conditions, warranties etc.) in respect of self-issue policies
- Makes sure all communications with insurers or customers are accurately recorded as per the company’s procedures
- Assisting the team in the servicing and administration of client insurances, whether that is phone calls, letter writing, document production
- Initially administration support to the broking team
- Answering phone calls and distribution
- Letter writing
- Documentation production
- Leading on after training to (new business, renewals, quotations that are attained compliantly with FCA regulation
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- You will be required to attend weekly workshops at Coventry & Warwickshire Chamber of Commerce Training
- Business Administration Level 3
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
If successful, a full-time position may be available.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
COVENTRY AND WARWICKSHIRE CHAMBERS OF COMMERCE TRAINING LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.