Practice Administrator Apprentice DRS GILCHRIST ORTON & ORTON
You will be working alongside the Practice and assistant Practice managers helping with the daily running of the business from general administrative duties such as answering the phone and dealing with queries and requests, computer work, liaising with staff and patients.
Closing date: 15 Oct 2023
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
30 Oct 2023
21 Aug 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Duties to include supporting staff and help problem solve, assisting with and learning HR skills, working with GP and clinical teams, rotas, IT, H&S, leaning about CQC and making sure audit standards are kept
- The post-holder will need to become familiar with all functions of the Practice clinical system, Training will be given
- In conjunction with the Practice Manager, undertakes specified duties in relation to fire safety, Health and Safety and risk management within the Practice
- Assist the Practice Manager in compiling and updating policies and procedures in all areas of the Practice
- To undertake regular delegated tasks and special projects as delegated by the Asst Practice Manager
- Support the Practice and Practice Manager in maintaining its CQC Good rating and strive towards an Outstanding rating
- Convene meetings, prepare agendas and ensure distribution of minutes as necessary
- Help manager the training process and schedule for all staff
- In the performance of the duties outlined in this job description, the post holder will have access to confidential information relating to patients and their carers, Practice staff or other healthcare workers. They may also have access to information relating to the Practice as a business organisation. All such information from any source is to be regarded as strictly confidential • Information relating to patients, carers, colleagues, other healthcare workers or the business of the Practice may only be divulged to authorised persons in accordance with the Practice policies and procedures relating to confidentiality and the protection of personal and sensitive data
- The post holder will support the equality, diversity and rights of patients, carers and colleagues
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard Business Administrator
This will include:
- City & Guilds combined knowledge and competency-based qualification functional skills Level 1 in English, maths and ICT
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- The program is based on end point assessment
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- There is a huge chance for progression, further training and a permanent position with this role
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Grade 4/C or above) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.