Great opportunity to join a respected company within the Health Care sector. As an apprentice Support Worker you will be part of a team supporting residents of Hatzfeld Care homes. You will trained to provide practical support as well as encouraging independence of the residents. You will liaise with professionals to develop care & personal plans.
Closing date: today
Day £11.20ph / £21,840 p/year. Night £11.90ph / £23,205 p/year. Mileage paid over 5m. Life insurance, Company pension, Meals provided, 24/7 counselling, On-site carpark, Monthly bonus, Refer a friend scheme up to £250, Cycle2work scheme.
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
25 Sep 2023
15 Aug 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
As an apprentice Support worker, you will be trained to be able to:
- Provide support and encouragement in tasks of household, personal and group management.
- Reinforce skills already learned.
- Become a Key worker with a Resident and planning and organising their care.
- Liaise with professional and other significant people.
- Assist to develop, prepare, monitor, maintain and review care and personal plans.
- Attend interviews and other meetings.
- Work on a flexible basis as required by the Registered Manager.
- Become involved in regular supervision sessions with the Registered Manager.
- Attend all training courses provided by the company.
- Attend and support residents' house meetings.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings.
- Be responsible for adhering to the home's philosophy, policies, and procedures.
- Administer/assist in administration of medication and maintain medication records.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Your apprenticeship training will take place within the workplace. You will work alongside friendly, experienced Hatzfeld staff members who will be there to support you, in addition to the continuous support provided by the teaching staff from Springfield Training. You will be fully supported as you work towards gaining this valuable Level 2 Adult Care Worker qualification.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
There is an opportunity for the right candidate to continue within the company once the apprenticeship has been successfully completed.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4-9 / C or above) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
SPRINGFIELD TRAINING LIMITED
07935 711 153
Adult care worker
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.