Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner Apprenticeship at College Way Surgery, Taunton COLLEGE WAY SURGERY PRACTICE MANAGER
The successful candidate will work with the surgery reception team and will learn to guide and sign-post our patients to the most suitable service. The receptionist is often the first contact for a patient, and it is therefore important to gather information accurately and concisely to ensure access to services is timely and appropriate. The role includes receiving patients attending for medicals and checking their documentation, notifying patients of the fee payable for non-NHS services at the time of booking and ensuring that any matter unresolved at the end of your shift is reported to the appropriate person for follow-up action.
Closing date: 05 Oct 2023
£10,158.72 to £20,048.08
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
16 Oct 2023
14 Aug 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The successful candidate will supported by the team to learn the responsibilities of the job role. Full training will be provided on all software and office systems.
- Ensuring that patient confidentiality is maintained at all times
- Making new and follow-up appointments for patients
- Answering general enquiries & explaining surgery procedures to patients
- Answering incoming calls and transferring them to recipients as required
- Receiving and recording messages for GPs and requests for home visits
- Receiving and recording messages for district nurses, health visitors etc.
- Receiving patients attending for medicals and checking their documentation
- Notifying patients of the fee payable for non-NHS services at the time of booking
- Receiving payments for non-NHS services and issuing / storing receipts
- Booking in new patient’s notes, sorting notes and filing
- Registering new patients on the computer
- Ensuring that any matter unresolved at the end of your shift is reported to the appropriate person for follow-up action. All outstanding items to be recorded in the daybook
- Ensuring that the reception and waiting areas are kept clean and tidy
- To be mindful of patient welfare and report any safeguarding concerns to your line manager or the practice safeguarding lead
You will be entitled to a number of staff benefits including:
- Enrolment into the NHS Pension Scheme from your start date
- 5 weeks holiday plus bank holidays (Pro-rata for part-time employees)
- Free uniform
- Free onsite parking
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Customer Service Practitioner Level 2 apprenticeship standard
- Functional Skills in English and maths if required
- End Point Assessment:
- Presentation; Practical Observation; Professional Discussion
- On and off the job training and location to be confirmed
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Career progression within the reception team and wider practice team is encouraged. The practice is a member of Taunton Central Primary Care Network (5 practices working collaboratively) offering varied career development opportunities for successful candidates
All our staff have access to E-Learning and will be expected to complete manadatory training modules. There will also be access to additional optional online training modules.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
SOMERSET SKILLS & LEARNING CIC
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.